+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 299

Thread: Main Clue

  1. #21
    tron's Avatar
    tron is offline Twelever Gold tron is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jambone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cthree View Post
    Nice idea - I-95 (thermometer) runs through there and has a funny little exit at a half mile point (wood chips 5) - literally mile 0.5: I-95 Interstate New Hampshire Exits

    Short interstate with very few rest stops. Who's in NH for a looksie?
    Sounds like a pretty good solve! Wish I was up that way to give it a look myself.
    With that limited logic, New Jersey is a solid contender as well.

  2. #22
    mlssry is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver mlssry is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cthree View Post
    Nice idea - I-95 (thermometer) runs through there and has a funny little exit at a half mile point (wood chips 5) - literally mile 0.5: I-95 Interstate New Hampshire Exits

    Short interstate with very few rest stops. Who's in NH for a looksie?
    Sounds like a pretty good solve! Wish I was up that way to give it a look myself.
    With that limited logic, New Jersey is a solid contender as well.
    theres a pic of NH....not NJ?

  3. #23
    cthree's Avatar
    cthree is offline Tweleve Monk TwelevePlus
    TWELEVE MONK
    Ruby
    cthree will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    O'er shut sun
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Well, its unfortunate that the DE rest area is messed up because I have concluded that's where this page leads to (as others have just felt i should reiterate):

    DE - Comes from the piano score. The notes are D and E. (yes there are 5 lines look closely)

    I-95 - Thermometer

    Mile 5 - Woodchips

    Same method using "clues" for a state and 2 plaintext pulls for the numbers. There are only 2 numbers to be used so the only question really is which state.

    It surely isn't Oregon (the reason this is being mentioned as a possibility is because it is the only state that I5 runs through that hasn't had a number found in it) because there is no rest stop of exit 95. This means it must be interstate 95 and exit 5. There is only one exit 5 on i95 that is a rest stop (in Delaware).


  4. #24
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Could Be Just About Anywhere?
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    OK. I have to admit, the whole "Oregon" ploy was a made-up distraction to throw anyone off of another scent I was on yesterday so that I could hit on another location that I had a hunch about. Now, I am not saying that- if my thoughts were correct- there is not a number at this location but I will let you all know that there is literally not a tree at this location that I did not go over completely in my 2.5 hour, perfect weather, no adverse conditions on the ground, all the time in the world, search of the area.

    The other night, in case the D and E was not accurate, I just kind of looked at the book's remaining numbers(which there were more of at the time) and had not really thought much about the 4th floor, for some odd reason. All along I felt/knew that I-95 was the highway and of course, 5 (noting that the 5th state is already "connected" to another floor) must be the rest area. So I glanced and lingered there a bit.

    Then I noticed the carpets and some tubes above the thermometer.


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    And, being that I live in NC and there is a chance at one not terrible far from me (that I had not already driven past during recent weekend adventures, like the VA rest area), I decided that an urgent drive to I95 was due. You see, North Carolina- NC- also has an I-95 with a rest area at mile 5. It is exactly at mile 5, and only on one side (THANK GOODNESS). So last night, it was on! I did notice that the VA floor also had a V carpet(what was showing) in the lobby and an argument could be made that the red stripe in the living area carpet has some A qualities to it.

    So, I felt like I had a strong enough theory to buck the current line of thinking and make a go at it. . . . alas, it was not to be. The DE is most likely to be it.

    It would be a stunner if it was at the NC I-95 5-RA. By all means, go take a look. I systematically went over every tree there is to go over at this location outside of those that were well off in the dense woods, on the other side of fences on non-RA property or completely covered in Poison Ivy or Posion Oak. There is not a tree there with any markings, any graffiti (the bathrooms were pretty well maintained too) or any nails or wholes. I found one "bug trap" make out of a box attached to a tree and very little else. So, there you have it.
    Lead | Follow | Get Out Of The Way (pick & do))


  5. #25
    jeanineruby's Avatar
    jeanineruby is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper jeanineruby is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    11

    Default Oregon

    I think this floor just might be Oregon. Ok, the green wheel in the shape of an O and all the other O's in the room. The clock is at 5, there is 5 and 4 and B in the woodchips, so I'm thinking:
    Oregon
    I-5
    Exit 45B

    The Valley of the Rogue Rest area off I-5.

    Even though I live in Oregon, we're on a trip this weekend so I'm not going to go look so it's up for grabs.

  6. #26
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Could Be Just About Anywhere?
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanineruby View Post
    I think this floor just might be Oregon. Ok, the green wheel in the shape of an O and all the other O's in the room. The clock is at 5, there is 5 and 4 and B in the woodchips, so I'm thinking:
    Oregon
    I-5
    Exit 45B

    The Valley of the Rogue Rest area off I-5.

    Even though I live in Oregon, we're on a trip this weekend so I'm not going to go look so it's up for grabs.
    The more I looked for distractors yesterday pointing towards Oregon, the more there were. Who know's? Stranger things can and will happen.
    Lead | Follow | Get Out Of The Way (pick & do))


  7. #27
    UKver2.0 is offline Needs to say Hello! UKver2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    OK. I have to admit, the whole "Oregon" ploy was a made-up distraction to throw anyone off of another scent I was on yesterday so that I could hit on another location that I had a hunch about.
    Ha! I love it.

  8. #28
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Could Be Just About Anywhere?
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UKver2.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    OK. I have to admit, the whole "Oregon" ploy was a made-up distraction to throw anyone off of another scent I was on yesterday so that I could hit on another location that I had a hunch about.
    Ha! I love it.
    Ya, but I got mine or rather didnt. Karma, it'll kick ya in the jimmy. Though I have been most helpful everywhere else with this. Cheers.
    Lead | Follow | Get Out Of The Way (pick & do))


  9. #29
    redbutterfly is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper redbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I went through every single rest stop looking for highways 5 or highways 92-95 in the US and here is what fits:
    DE I95 M5
    NC I95 M5
    RI I95 M6
    SC I95 M4

    And one more switched around:
    WA I5 M93

    I would put money on the first one. In light of everything we have seen, that fits perfectly.

  10. #30
    carolinus is offline Junior Twelever Copper carolinus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbutterfly View Post
    I went through every single rest stop looking for highways 5 or highways 92-95 in the US and here is what fits:
    DE I95 M5
    NC I95 M5
    RI I95 M6
    SC I95 M4

    And one more switched around:
    WA I5 M93

    I would put money on the first one. In light of everything we have seen, that fits perfectly.
    Delaware would seem to be a good bet to me, too. The clock on floor 6 has both hands on the 1, and as the Delaware license plates say, "The First State".

    I remember stopping here a few years ago, but I did some checking, and found that this rest plaza is closed, and under construction. Here is the contractor's website with the progress shown in pictures:

    Delaware Welcome Center /


    It is due to open next month, if it is on time, but take a look at the photos. All the trees were removed. So even if it was there, it is probably beyond recovery.


    carolinus

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts