Stadther post re: Bee Fiasco
I just saw a post by Mike on the ATT Website regarding the Bee mess.
Where... could you post a link?
hope it works
ADMIN EDIT: When pasting a link from the ATT site, please do this for us, so the forum page doesn't become V E R Y W I D E.
So, type then Type LINK and then end it with
I know there is some controversy and distress about the claiming the bee token and I would like to give everyone my opinion and thoughts...
1. I am not involved in any vetting process other than in the area of publicity. I don't discuss the claim with the individuals or validate their claim. I don't discuss how they found it or the process of finding it. I don't discuss other token locations with them and, unfortunately, I can't even congratulate them--someone else from my office does that. The vetting is handled through a separate, nonpartisan law firm.
2. The Official Rules will be followed with the best sense of fair play. This means that the holder of a token will be declared a finder as long as he or she can establish that he or she found the token through actual skill in the hunt and the clues, and complies with the Official Rules in the book, which in the event of a dispute may be be independently vetted.
3. If there is collaboration between disputing parties, it is covered by the Official Rule 6, but we will try to help the parties work out a solution between them.
4. I will try to make this fun and fair for the legitimate finder of a token but please be careful with whom you collaborate and how you share your possible solutions. I know this takes some of the fun out of the hunt but it will avoid disputes.
5. A charitable contribution will be made in the amount of the cash substitution value for any token that cannot be successfully vetted.
I hope this helps to clarify matters. I wish you all the best. Please continue to have fun!
In other words, "bee" smart.
Thanks for re-printing his message - I couldn't figure it out.
Can anyone explain what "vetted" means, in layman term? Don't have my law dictionary (yet!) not that I'll need it cause I'd have to share the prize with everyone cause there was no way I'd figured any of this out on my own.
This is too much fun and if I were to win, I'd throw the biggest party that Ana, Zack and Pook had ever seen :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Oh, and all you guys and gals would be invited too.
One more thought, PLEASE spend today honoring those who served and are serving our country so that we can have treasure hunts and forums like these to occupy time instead of wondering where the next place I will have to hide my family, let alone a gold token. Thank you. Have a safe and Happy Memorial Day.
"vetted" means "checkout out throughly" in laymen's terms. They don't want to make a big deal about someone finding a token, only to find out that it was a fake or something.
Wow, I'm very impressed. Not so much with Mike but with the power of OUR USERS.
The unspoken word here is that Tweleve members broke this story and we're being heard loud and clear with the powers that be. That's great to know, and I'm so proud of all of you who have really broken this hunt wide open and stayed vigilant that it be run in a fair manner.
Great work Twelevers!
that sounds like a very fair solution and I wish our folks well in the end. For anyone else that finds one, dont let anyone else get the information off the back of the token unless you plan on sharing.