+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why a whole chapter on this???

izycat is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper izycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Why a whole chapter on this???

This chapter is like the first very very short. But what is so important on this page. It is a summary of the events that MS took a very very long chapter 2 to go into.

The biggest thing I got from this was that it at first seems a waste, espcially when you get to chapter 5.

Dragonfly had already been introduced in the first chapter. He was on patrol as he did every night, watching the cave where the darklings lived.

Seek and ye shall find, So maybe it is this chapter or dragonfly that is what we need to be looking for somehow

meaner simikkles is offline Twelever Gold meaner simikkles is on a distinguished road

Default drag on fly- gard no ylf

this is an important chapter - just as the dragonfly seems to be the most important critter ( the "leader" of the bugs), this tiny chapter may hold a key to.........................i wish i knew! the fact remains that MS goes into incredible details in earlier chapters, yet does he just stick this in for no reason?? does anything this man do just because? I doubt it- there has to be a reason! if only i knew what it was! anyone finding a rhyme or reason to the chapter titles that might help?? or the color codes? the BOS? Auntie Em ! Auntie Em! There's no place like home- there's no place like home! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! !!!
    "We may not be first, but at least we are not last!" Meaner Simikkles RULE!

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

There is an interesting structure at the beginning of the story with the first three chapters. These three chapters have the moon at the top of the page. Chapter 1 is short and focussed on Dragonfly. Chapter 3 is also short and focussed on Dragonfly. Chapter 2 is long. Short Long Short. Dragonfly Dar Dragonfly.

There are three events that Dragonfly had observed and three words to describe that - witnessed, watched, seen. The order in which the events had occurred - the moon disappeared, Dar cast a spell, the Darklings left the cave. This is not the order in which they are listed on page 26. If the eclipse had not occurred Dar would not have cast the spell. If Dar had not cast the spell the Darklings would not have left. If these events are numbered 1, 2, 3 then the way they are listed in the last paragraph would be 2, 3, 1.

There are three actions taken by Dragonfly in this chapter. He buzzed high over the cave, he shouted "Condition Red!" (twice), and he sped away to alert the others.

Chapter 3 may be emphasizing threes.

Chapter 3 happens to be on page 26. Any connection? The morse code message surrounds Dragonfly and is shown by thistledown which has an association with time. "Seek and ye shall find". Look for some meanings in this chapter and you will find some. Whether they are the correct meanings is yet to be established.

Vixen13 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Vixen13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default seek and ye shall find

Not sure where to place this...but here it goes.

I think chapter 1-3 are set up to be together for a meaning. What I suspect is that we should have a grid/table by this time. ( are you laughing with me)

With that in mind - Seek and ye shall find - has different sources - from the freemasons to the bible.

Using the bible reference - Matthew 7:7 "ask and it will be given to you and you will find" "knock and the door will be open to you"

I think 7x7 grid -- but what do I put in the grid?

Chapter 3 has exactly 7 words with 7 letters.

shouted
    throngs
    fairies
    instead
    tonight
    reading
    watched

Vixen13 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Vixen13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to add ...

The grid makes up that word puzzle you find in the newspapers "seek and find"

+ Reply to Thread