+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zac's Dreams

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Default Zac's Dreams

In ATT Zac's dream was part of chapter 17. In SOTAD his dream is in chapter 4 which has the title The Dream.

In ATT Zac wanted to hear Ana's thoughts - something he had not been able to do before. In SOTAD Zac hadn't been able to hear her thoughts as well as she wanted, but he could do so if he cleared his mind and thought of nothing. In ATT he dreams of trees rising from the mist. In SOTAD once he cleared his mind it was "as if a fog lifted".

The Dream in ATT contained important clues - the singing trees and the 5 x 5 box. During the dream the mist changed. "It swirled and coalesced". Familiar words? Pook is turned into crystal. Later in the dream Zac looked at the Great Forest in a new way and could see things he had never seen before.

The first part of the dream in SOTAD is about Zac's proposal, their first kiss and the clover blossom ring. Then the dream changes and Pook is shown falling into a deep hole.

Both dreams then are prophetic about the fate of Pook. The one in ATT had clues. Are there clues int SOTAD? The shape of the clover blossom ring has been compared to circles, 6's or 9's. The shape could also be alpha, the first letter of the Greek alphabet and the letter used for labelling the brightest star in a constellation.

lahosifrenz is offline Needs to say Hello! lahosifrenz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default dream

not sure if it matters, but it is Ana's dream this time

Emerald

You're right, lahosifrenz, the one in SOTAD is Ana's dream. However, Zac is able to read her thoughts and see what she is dreaming. In that sense it could be thought of as Zac's dream too, although that is not technically correct.

In the dream in ATT there were five parts: seeing the image of Ana who had been captured, hearing the singing of the trees (an important clue), Pook becoming a crystal, the 5x5 box (an important clue), Zac being able to see things in a new way and knowing then what to do.

In the dream in SOTAD there are just two parts: the proposal, Pook's fate. There doesn't seem to be any extra clues in it to tell Zac or us "what to do". Zac's increased awareness does occur again, but not as a result of sharing Ana's dream. It comes towards the end of the book when "he closed his eyes, cleared his thoughts, and waited." (page 103) Then follows the important statement "the symbols of the book swirled and coalesced in his mind, combined and formed anew, and gradually he understood them." So far the symbols may have been swirling, coalescing, combining and forming anew for us, but the understanding has yet to come.

On page 104 Zac shouted "The secret is Light." That secret applied directly to the Light Spell of Reversi Luna, but maybe the secret applies elsewhere.

lindenmi is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    lindenmi is on a distinguished road

knocka,
    Your post sparked something for me.
    This quote "combined and formed anew", I think he is telling us to combine things then apply the light. I saw another post recently about overlaying 3 pages to form a zyzygy and things were lining up perfectly. It was posted on the DAR forum.
    http://www.alchemistdar.com/fusetalk...VIEWTMP=Linear
    I am including what it said but it is messy to read.

...long time lurker, ready to break the silence... (I'm in this hunt to win a ring for my 2 year old daughter, so if this leads to a ring, please keep me in mind.) Ok, I've held on to this long enough and I feel the current stand-still must be abated. The following is my (partial?) solve to Mold/Grow.
    Here goes: -
    This Eclipse Spell needs 3 pages (a syzygy) layed over each other.
    For Mold/Grow, you need the following pages:
    The Mold/Grow Page,
    The Compass Page,
    and pg. 58. -
    I noticed the fruit clocks had the same number of ticks as the compass. I also noticed the colored areas of the fruit clocks are wedge shaped. So, the colored wedges actually correspond to the negative space between the points of the compass, and not the compass points themselves. - Upon attempting an overlay of the fruit clock to the center of the compass, I discovered the points that create the left and right upper borders of pg. 58 match exactly to the compass points. (The borders become similar to the hands of a clock) -
    I then discovered the half circles of the borders become a solid circle when the fruits are aligned, i.e. when the fruit clocks are aligned on the compass (so that the good fruit/moldy fruit are facing the same direction) the circles are extremely reminicent to the moon and sun picture of pg. 54. This is when I felt confident I was on to something. -
    In taking the combined colored wedges and corresponding them to letters of the Mold/Grow page "covered up" by the wedges, I extracted the following letters:
    WAMANYUBECMETHISSPEAS. ( I started from upper left on Mold/Grow-- "Growth anew..." to correspond to Dar's reciting of the spell.) - I interpreted as "Washington, many you be, see me this SP. EAS" - The extra EAS letters threw me off initially, until I remembered that Eclipse spells must have the last word recited at the moment full, per the instructions in the Book of Spells. -
    By shifting the dials to the left (to enclose the word "CAST,") I noticed the points of the compass point to three additional letters: TON. WA MANY U BE C ME THIS SP EASTON - Thus, my (partial?) solve is Lake Easton State Park, WA. "Washington, many you be, see me this SP: Easton." I do not know where to go from here. I realize this is considered an Internet hunt at this point -- but I have not heard of any specific exclusions of a physical hunt -- so maybe we're dealing with a hybrid? Or, Easton may correspond to the SP in a virtual website.
    Who knows? The berry code at the bottom of pg. 58 may hold the answer. If you would like to see screenshots of the visual work involved in reaching this (partial?) solution, I can send some out via e-mail. However, please visualize and try it yourself before requesting. I feel this solve is the most significant released so far, as it may confirm the general methodology of all of the eclipse spells. I have other theories as well, in terms of the HCB, but nothing earth shattering yet. I welcome your comments, challenges, etc. Zeus

Lindenmi
    No question is a stupid question if you don't
    know the answer. Stupid is not asking.

Emerald

It's good when a post sparks something. It may be something quite small and something that has been said before. I hope it leads somewhere, lindenmi.

The technique used by the "long time lurker": the idea of aligning pages as a syzygy had been mentioned beofre, but no-one had posted finding anything from doing that. I think the important part was identifying which three pages to use and for that the key step was recognizing "the colored wedges actually correspond to the negative space between the points of the compass, and not the compass points themselves".

The links to the visual images have been posted in the DAR forum.

I certainly appreciate the fact that the "long time lurker" has posted this result and I am sure it will provide a stimulus for some further and hopefully fruitful activity.

junlou is offline Needs to say Hello! junlou is on a distinguished road

I've been looking at the dream, then saw your post. There are 3 parts to the dream, not 2: the proposal, then 'dark shapes moving within Yorah's limbs and roots,' then Pook's fate. I've been relooking at the illustrations of Yorah but haven't found any dark shapes. LOL.

Emerald

Sorry, my mistake.

Maybe there will be some dark shapes to find elsewhere. Thanks for checking.

spallies is offline Junior Twelever Bronze spallies is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Driving Past Lake Easton State Park

I will be driving right past Lake Easton State Park next Thursday. I have been reading through the posts on the main site and thought it might be worth stopping by. I know the clue said you don't have to leave home but if I am driving by I think I will take a look. And if I do find anything I will share with Zues. At this point I just want some movement forward. Any ideas of what to do and who to see?????

I am posting this here because I have never registered over at the main site I want to wait and register when I really need to beause I need to claim a ring.

+ Reply to Thread