+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Title of chapter 6

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Default Title of chapter 6

Reading the long title of this chapter can be quite rhythmical. The daybefore an event is often called an eve (e.g. Christmas Eve which is used for the whole day rather than just the evening). Using the word "eve" in the title would not have the same rhythm.

This chapter title has 8 words, 14 syllables - was that needed? The way I would say the title there would be 7 stressed syllables. 8, 14, 7.

The activity in this chapter involves the Good Fairies. It is almost like a playful interlude. In ATT, although there is no chapter will a similar title, there is also a playful interlude with Good Fairies (Chapter 7)- this time the mischief is in the kitchen rather than in the bedroom. The chapter would be a good one to share with a child, but it does convey background information - setting the scene.

There are no illustrations for chapter 6 - time to use imagination.

sixer13 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    sixer13 is on a distinguished road

If one only counts the title words in the contents(104) and includes the title words under the appendix(9), they add up to 113.- the same number of pages in the book.

This could be one reason for the awkward title of chapter 6. MS wanted this count.

sixer13

knocka is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    knocka will become famous soon enough

Good point. That also ties in with the berries on page 58. I had a very quick look at matching red berries with words, but numbering berries is a little arbitrary and I got three "the's" in a row. It might be worth a fresh look.

corgipower is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    corgipower will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by sixer13 View Post
    If one only counts the title words in the contents(104)
    the same as the number of filled in letters.....

Learn about this threat to your pets! Stop Animal Rights ~ Legislative Alerts
    dog training
    My Dog Votes!
    Corgi - Free to a good home. Trained, bad hips, bad shoulders, can no longer do anything he was taught. Allergic to everything. Hates everything. Very mean little dog.

+ Reply to Thread