+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 383

Thread: The Clock Without a Face

  1. #101
    starthinker's Avatar
    starthinker is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze starthinker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garbers*5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by suelough View Post

    I don't have the book, so if you could give us a list of what you would like, we'll get on it. Nice to see some good hunts going on!

    Hello Ms. Sue. Thanks for getting back so quickly.

    Here is my suggestion for threads, simply put:

    13th Floor
    12th Floor
    11th Floor
    10th Floor
    9th Floor
    8th Floor
    7th Floor
    6th Floor
    5th Floor
    4th Floor
    3rd Floor
    2nd Floor
    1st Floor
    Clock- Disobiki
    Clock- Wikia
    Non-Book and Tour Clues


    Thank you.

    Domino
    Sorry, I do not have my book with me for the exact details...

    I would also add:
    Front cover
    Page 1 and 2 story
    The last two pages, two headings
    And the back cover.
    Or at least a section for non-floor clues in general.

  2. #102
    morbus's Avatar
    morbus is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper morbus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    15

    Default

    As owner of Disobiki - I see no reason to give it its own thread. Anything I post there that would be /original/ would be reposted here in the appropriate thread, and vice versa. My particular page is for research and historical archives, not for speculation. It's not "open" to anyone to edit.

  3. #103
    perchprism's Avatar
    perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wendell, NC
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Morbus, your argument seems a bit self-interested, or at least one-sided. You'd like Tweleve's treatment of 'The Clock Without a Face' to consist of an endless number of stream-of-consciousness posts packed into a single thread, already up to 11 pages, with no organization. In other words, an unwieldy, unusable website destination for this hunt.

    Tweleve thrived at the onset for the opposite: they gave every creature, every page, every image, its own thread. There is no reason Tweleve should accede to your dreams of website hit-count dominance in this hunt.

  4. #104
    davehutz is offline Junior Twelever Copper davehutz is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Anybody up for a field trip near Modesto, CA?
    I'll PM you my thoughts.
    I think I finally have a location that is at least on public property.

  5. #105
    morbus's Avatar
    morbus is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper morbus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Concord, NH
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perchprism View Post
    Morbus, your argument seems a bit self-interested, or at least one-sided. You'd like Tweleve's treatment of 'The Clock Without a Face' to consist of an endless number of stream-of-consciousness posts packed into a single thread, already up to 11 pages, with no organization. In other words, an unwieldy, unusable website destination for this hunt.

    Tweleve thrived at the onset for the opposite: they gave every creature, every page, every image, its own thread. There is no reason Tweleve should accede to your dreams of website hit-count dominance in this hunt.
    Perch: that's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Mind-bogglingly incorrect.

    Like your "no, I'm right, whoops, I was wrong" math assertion, you'll need to take a step back and realize that I was talking *only* about the *proposed additional thread specifically for talking about content on Disobiki*, as indicated in this snippet:

    1st Floor
    Clock- Disobiki
    Clock- Wikia
    Non-Book and Tour Clues
    To make it even clearer: I support separating the floors into threads. I don't support and, in fact, am entirely opposed to the notion, that I, being imminently not self-interested, should have a thread of my own. In fact, my arguments against the Disobiki thread assert that I *don't care about hits* because any rationale for receiving a hit is defeated by a) reposting anything "original" in the appropriate thread here and b) locking the page so that no one else might post something unique. I've been doing disobey.com since 1997. I exceeded a million hits a day sometime in 2001. I don't give two turds about hits nowadays.

    I know I'm all new here and shit, and the Internet is full of self-righteous turds (I just met one!), but, man.

  6. #106
    detroitish is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper detroitish is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san diego.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davehutz View Post
    Anybody up for a field trip near Modesto, CA?
    I'll PM you my thoughts.
    I think I finally have a location that is at least on public property.
    i'll go to medesto. i'm actually heading to san fran tomorrow. e-mail me detroitish@yahoo.com

  7. #107
    detroitish is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper detroitish is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san diego.
    Posts
    13

    Default

    so this is my first hunt, and i really dont know what i should be looking for. i just keep counting things and trying to figure out different stuff in the words. any advice? it would be greatly appreciated.

  8. #108
    davehutz is offline Junior Twelever Copper davehutz is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detroitish View Post
    so this is my first hunt, and i really dont know what i should be looking for. i just keep counting things and trying to figure out different stuff in the words. any advice? it would be greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately, none of us really know yet.
    I think we are all currently working under the assumption that the info from the puzzle ladies is correct, and we are looking for a state, highway, and mile.
    So far, it is unclear how you get from that mile to the exact place to dig a hole.

    Right now, I think we are hoping that somebody gets the mile, highway, state right, then goes there and notices something; either an obvious place to dig, or something that "clicks" from the book.

    PS - One other small suggestion is that if you post your email on a public forum, you tend to get a lot of spam; you might want to Private Message it, or obscure it a little like: "email= my tweleve login at yahoo.com"

  9. #109
    perchprism's Avatar
    perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wendell, NC
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Yeah, sorry, Morbus, sometimes I'm a self-righteous turd. Don't know why, exactly, it just turns out that way. Then the next day I'm like, 'Did I really write that? Man, I'm a self-righteous turd.'

    But then other times I'm not. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

  10. #110
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Could Be Just About Anywhere?
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Glad to see everyone is making nice. Awesome that folks are working together on the Mod. CA idea. I was just out there last week.

    Sorry for implying to make a thread for the disobey site. I know you have it set up great and appreciate you sharing your information. i guess what I meant was that if there was a thread on here for any of those wikis, people could openly comment about what is on or not on them to perpetuate other ideas. Thus, the owner/author of those site such as yours, can add/subtract content as they see fitting into their own thoughts and ideas. I really appreciate you sharing so much.

    With this site there will always be areas of selfishness most described often here as 'lurking" or holding out or whatever. But, there are also those great times when folks are really working dynamically with sparks flying. Something someone says on here can create a whole new way of thinking. True magic sometimes. I, like others on here, cherish knowing that there is this special community of thinkers and do'ers where you can dabble in the possibilities.

    Now, where are my notes? It's time to do some treasure hunting. Anyone think the orientation of the four corners of each floor has anything to do with actual direction in relation to where a number might be buried?

    Also, I think there are more numbers than just the number "1" spelled out (One) in wire as you step through time on the Ninth Floor. In addition, the book says 2308, then says September 18. Think, 2308..pretty random and obscure number huh? Why say it First? 2308 9 (or 09) 18; 2308918; 23080918. Certainly cant be LATITUDE or we'd be in Havana Cuba or the Baha or the Bahamas. Any thoughts on this? And, I ran the dates against the wiki for Quantum Leap. Though I think that that would have been a brilliant way to hint at a location (there are actual Leap Dates dand specific locations for each episode) I could not get anything to directly match up. Anyone else take that approach? Maybe someone can look at this idea as well.

    On On
    Lead | Follow | Get Out Of The Way (pick & do))


+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts