+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 279

Thread: Greenhorn

  1. #201
    Genetic Blend's Avatar
    Genetic Blend is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    Genetic Blend is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Lafitte! I am glad you decided to come back. Well, DAR it might be....Who knows? I can't come up with anything else.

    Domino said that he made the clue for the state easy, and it should have been one of the first clues that we should have solved. Well, if THIS is the clue for the state, then it certainly is not easy.

  2. #202
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lafitte View Post
    Good lord, it's begining to sound like DAR.
    Welcome back LaFitte! Good to see you again.

    s

  3. #203
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,206

    Default Circle Brands

    Are the brands going around the word search some form of clock cipher wheel? Even though we have only 10 , all unique symbols. Are these letters or numbers? As indicated in another thread, many of these symbols also appear on the page with sizzle songs and bourbon bottles.

    Domino said to Have Fun and the rest is pretty straightforward. Perhaps there is sequence of letters that will give us a translation of the sizzle page that makes sense. The triple candy cane brands bother me though as a straight substitution, making me think that we are indeed to have Fun.

    s

  4. #204
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Could Be Just About Anywhere?
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stvwz View Post
    Are the brands going around the word search some form of clock cipher wheel? Even though we have only 10 , all unique symbols. Are these letters or numbers? As indicated in another thread, many of these symbols also appear on the page with sizzle songs and bourbon bottles.

    Domino said to Have Fun and the rest is pretty straightforward. Perhaps there is sequence of letters that will give us a translation of the sizzle page that makes sense. The triple candy cane brands bother me though as a straight substitution, making me think that we are indeed to have Fun.

    s

    I'll answer this in the May hint. How about that?
    Lead | Follow | Get Out Of The Way (pick & do))


  5. #205
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stvwz View Post
    Are the brands going around the word search some form of clock cipher wheel? Even though we have only 10 , all unique symbols. Are these letters or numbers? As indicated in another thread, many of these symbols also appear on the page with sizzle songs and bourbon bottles.

    Domino said to Have Fun and the rest is pretty straightforward. Perhaps there is sequence of letters that will give us a translation of the sizzle page that makes sense. The triple candy cane brands bother me though as a straight substitution, making me think that we are indeed to have Fun.

    s
    I'll answer this in the May hint. How about that?
    That would be spectacular!

    Reading the paragraph before the CCDH.. The cowboy indicates he is book smart in certain subjects (right brain), but what creative things (Left brained) was he capable of . The letters CCDH...come to mind.

    Therefore, this hints at perhaps lateral thinking. Another thought is that the letters are initials of a saying or nursery rhyme or song maybe, for example, Jack and Jill went up the hill could be JAJWUTH

    s

  6. #206
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Could Be Just About Anywhere?
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    [quote=stvwz;533761][quote=Domino;533707]
    Quote Originally Posted by stvwz View Post
    Reading the paragraph before the CCDH.. The cowboy indicates he is book smart in certain subjects (right brain), but what creative things (Left brained) was he capable of . The letters CCDH...come to mind.

    Therefore, this hints at perhaps lateral thinking....
    s
    Now you are thinking with both sides of the brain, and putting things together. Nice Steve. And yes, I do believe the good Professor is on hiatus for awhile. Doesnt mean he didnt leave a nugget or two behind.

    Cheers,

    Domino
    Lead | Follow | Get Out Of The Way (pick & do))


  7. #207
    spiggan's Avatar
    spiggan is offline Good Twelever Platinum spiggan is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    south Texas
    Posts
    622

    Default

    There's the word TOY in the word search (unsolved version). Does it have anything to do with the "fun" we're supposed to have with the brands? I had thought that word there was
    just something coincidental. I know he said there are 6 words to find in the word search, and of course they would not include this. But maybe it's just a hint about the brands? In the solved word search, it's part of a musical word.

    Also I can't help but wonder about "TV". The top brand is TV on the vertical. (Or "Rafter Crazy T" or whatever that would be called.) There's TV in the Tweleve anagram, and then there's the vertical TV again at the top of the unsolved word search.

    There's the reference to TV on page 15--"thinking symbols and of Buck Owens with a song he once watched him PLAY and SING on his father's old 28 inch Phillips television."

  8. #208
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spiggan View Post
    There's the word TOY in the word search (unsolved version). Does it have anything to do with the "fun" we're supposed to have with the brands? I had thought that word there was
    just something coincidental. I know he said there are 6 words to find in the word search, and of course they would not include this. But maybe it's just a hint about the brands? In the solved word search, it's part of a musical word.
    Spiggan - I see TOY in the solved version too, but I dont see how it forms a musical word?

    s

  9. #209
    ProfessorTarr's Avatar
    ProfessorTarr is offline Good Twelever Gold ProfessorTarr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    594

    Default

    First trip done... actually have a break in my schedule for a few days so I'm enjoying seeing what is coming along here...

    The brand thing is interesting - I keep wanting to try to force the brands into the sizzle. BAr something or other... And if it is crAzy jAy or something... still not very fortunate with that...

  10. #210
    spiggan's Avatar
    spiggan is offline Good Twelever Platinum spiggan is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    south Texas
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Stvwz--It's in the unsolved version. Those letters (TOY) become part of a musical word in the solved version. It could be just a coincidence.

    Prof. Tarr--And "Rail", "Lazy", "Rafter". For what that's worth!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts