+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: This is HUGE!

  1. #11
    thedawailey is offline Twelever Silver thedawailey is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmunk23 View Post
    Wow- I genuinely thought people would be happy to hear the news. The impression that I've gotten over the years feels the same- that they started out making Fandango and it was great! and they did an interview or two with a newspaper, and a phone interview with a treasure hunting group, and then? maybe sales didn't materialize the way they thought, or they got busy with other things in their lives, and Fandango just kind of sat. Seeing posts on this forum about the rules prohibiting leaving things in Acadia National Park, and that the Park boundaries have changed so much over the years made me really wonder if perhaps the key is buried there or somewhere else that we would now have to break rules in order to get; which I was thinking perhaps the Stockwell Brothers didn't know how to come out and say, "Sorry. We actually put the key somewhere you can't really get. Our bad." It was why I was willing to take a risk in using something other than the Followthefox site to contact them, because although it seems unfair to send an unsolicited email, it seemed a whole lot more concerning that perhaps they had just abandoned an impossible hunt and we were all wasting years of time searching. I do still feel like they have abandoned the hunt to some degree- how many of us have sent emails that have gone unanswered?? So while I feel like they are not going to put any thing else into seeing this hunt to its conclusion, it was at least nice to know that it wasn't solved 5 years ago with no word, and that it is still retrievable. I hope you can take my posts with the spirit behind them- which was just to encourage everyone on here with the knowledge that there is still hope that someone will find the key.
    Ashmunk -Don't get me wrong, I am happy that you heard back and appreciate that you shared the information, and I thank you for that. I did not mean to attack you - I'm more curious about is Pel himself - why some people hear back, but most don't, why he responds to people who track him down and use personal emails or random phone calls, but not to those who contact him via the website they set up for this purpose. I don't get it. Even letting us know they are just letting this ride and won't be answering any more questions would be nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harley98
    I have heard from Pel when Ive written. I believe twice maybe three times? Twice in the last month. He's responded every time Ive written. Always kind, professional and fair.
    Harley - are you using the website email to contact him or some other method? To be honest, it doesn't appear he is professional or fair if he's ignoring 90% of the people who try to contact him!

  2. #12
    Ashmunk23 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Ashmunk23 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I'm not sure why Pel chooses to write/not write...my guess would once again be the same reason why follow the eagle, whale and cat never materialized...they aren't focused on the hunt. Just like if you might not check an old college email address (and therefore, would perhaps miss many messages), they might be missing a lot of them. Or on the other spectrum, maybe they are inundated with them? I'm not sure...As for Harley, what I took her response to mean is that in his replies, Pel's wording has been kind, professional, and fair...he's not trying to give her an unfair advantage, or being rude that people are contacting him. Good luck on the hunt- hopefully we'll find some other avenue of search (or some new spin on an old one!) soon!

  3. #13
    thedawailey is offline Twelever Silver thedawailey is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Ashmunk - I agree with you that they have pretty much abandoned the book - and their readers, but we didn't set up the guidelines - they did, and they don't follow them. Nobody made them set a 13-year window on the hunt - they must have known this might happen & should have been prepared to carry it through. You can understand why so many people feel slighted when only a chosen few get replies.

    This is not anything against either you or Harley, or anybody else who has heard from him - I just wish they had been more open with everyone from the beginning. I'm still going to work on the book, look forward to others' ideas, and hope that someone solves this thing! It's been fun and I'm glad I bought the book - however, I think they have been a little less than fair with the people who have bought their book, even if Pel has been polite and friendly with the few people he communicates with.

  4. #14
    themusicman is offline Twelever Silver themusicman is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashmunk23 View Post
    I emailed Pel,

    3) No extra-book information is needed- including Masquerade!!!!
    If this is true then, why did we get the answer of HINT: C MASQUERADE? Or C MASQUERADE HINT?

  5. #15
    Ashmunk23 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Ashmunk23 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    20

    Default

    That's my question too?!!! I'm thinking maybe that was a clever nod, but a false trail? Maybe there is something more/different to the Number/Letter Squares? When I wrote to him, I said that following the number squares to a C MASQUERADE IN HT message seems to point to Kit William's Masquerade and that I had tried a few Masquerade like methods, but I thought that there didn't need to be any extra book knowledge? He responded that no extra book knowledge is necessary...so maybe the C MASQUERADE IN HT means something a bit more?? less?? Back to the proverbial drawing board. Good luck!

  6. #16
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnut View Post
    Pel emailed me tonight and said bnut is dangerously close to solving the puzzle. He will let me know on Saturday if I'm right and if he should issue a "Puzzle Closed" message on followthefox
    bnut - are you saying Pel emailed you in the third person? Have you heard anything since to say whether it was solved or not?

  7. #17
    bnut is offline Junior Twelever Bronze bnut is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedawailey View Post
    If what you say is true, I'm glad that we have some confirmation that the hunt is still on. What concerns me is that Pel would even answer you after remaining silent for years. He responded to a stalker who invaded his personal life (which is what you did!), ignoring everyone who left him in peace, and who contacted him through official channels? Why would he reward this kind of behavior, and does this mean they don't even monitor their own website anymore? This raises more questions than it answers.
    I'm glad somebody agrees with me. Pel has not officially answered anything in ten plus years. If he wants this message to get out, why not just post it on the website? He has supposedly said THE ONLY WAY is the book. He will not give any advice outside of that, because it is unfair to anyone that doesn't have the book. But then he randomly responds to people and gives them all sorts of answers.

  8. #18
    bnut is offline Junior Twelever Bronze bnut is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    74

    Default

    "Harley - are you using the website email to contact him or some other method? To be honest, it doesn't appear he is professional or fair if he's ignoring 90% of the people who try to contact him!

    I'm not sure why Pel chooses to write/not write...my guess would once again be the same reason why follow the eagle, whale and cat never materialized...they aren't focused on the hunt. Just like if you might not check an old college email address (and therefore, would perhaps miss many messages), they might be missing a lot of them."

    No answer, of course

  9. #19
    bnut is offline Junior Twelever Bronze bnut is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    74

    Default

    No, I don't think Pel has emailed anybody on this board. I think some people are saying he did.

    We can try an experiment. Let's all email followthefox - Contact us

    and see if you get an answer.

    You won't.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet

  10. #20
    bnut is offline Junior Twelever Bronze bnut is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    74

    Default

    No, I was being sarcastic. I can just say anything on the internet and people will believe me, for some reason.

    I totally made that up as a joke on the thread about Pel randomly emailing people answers, and you're asking me seriously about it. No, Pel did not email me despite emails to him over the years.

    Pel is not randomly responding to people on emails. If Pel wanted us to know something about the puzzle, he would post here or on the actual FRIGGING WEBSITE HE HAS. Why would he bother talking to people that randomly track his email down?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts