+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Is anyone still working on this? I have some answers

  1. #11
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    Hi there, don't worry about the "apple" part. The answer will be a city AND state. Now what state has a Z? This is just a very small part of the whole thing.Later, goatlady

    anagramming the caption yields so many cities in subject state. A couple stand out that look interesting. You mentioned that the map pages with 8 states becomes very important. Is this related to the city-state itself or as a means to identifying another state or perhaps significant historical event?

    Thx

    Stvwz

  2. #12
    goatlady is offline Junior Twelever Bronze goatlady is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default map

    Hi Steve, what you came up with will become clear later on. Remember me saying that most everything has two or three meanings? This is the case with the map. Everyone found the obvious. There are two other uses for the map. Some of the verses and pictures refer to the process that will yield your eight states. Then there is the other use that will give you the final clue on what to do. It has nothing to do with history. I think I got it because I'm old! How did you learn about geography when you went to grade school? Do they still even teach that? Part of the pictures refer to this method. Try this-head, waist, feet. Later, goatlady

  3. #13
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    Hi Steve, what you came up with will become clear later on. Remember me saying that most everything has two or three meanings? This is the case with the map. Everyone found the obvious. There are two other uses for the map. Some of the verses and pictures refer to the process that will yield your eight states. Then there is the other use that will give you the final clue on what to do. It has nothing to do with history. I think I got it because I'm old! How did you learn about geography when you went to grade school? Do they still even teach that? Part of the pictures refer to this method. Try this-head, waist, feet. Later, goatlady

    GL - THat gives me something to think about. It has been very many years since I learned geography - nothing is coming to me yet other than the 5 points of geography (location, movement, etc) but I think this came more recent. Let me chew on it for a bit.

    Thanks

    S

  4. #14
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,195

    Default Geography Song?

    My son used to sing the states and capitals as a song to aid in memorization of all of them. Other than this, I cannot think of how we learned about geomoetry back then ( I must be getting old).

    Going back through the posts, It sounds like someone claimed to have been in contact with the author about 3-4 years back, but nothing more was followed up on.

    Found the constellation made up of cities.

    I think I see head, feed , hands, ----but waist? I think I lost you on that one...unless you mean like beginning-middle-end, or top, middle, bottom.

    See ya,

    Steve

  5. #15
    roaringtwenties is offline Junior Twelever Bronze roaringtwenties is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    81

    Smile

    that's handy!

  6. #16
    goatlady is offline Junior Twelever Bronze goatlady is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default waist

    Hi Steve, Years ago they taught remembering the placement of lat. and long. for the north pole-top of head, equator was the waist, and south pole the feet. Use the center of the US (lat and long) and place the states.

  7. #17
    regulus's Avatar
    regulus is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze regulus is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Goatlady, we'd love to hear what you've come up with! However, the way you are explaining it now is confusing me. Instead of giving the answer, you're hinting at it hoping we'll figure it out for ourselves. On hunts like The Golden Apple Tale, or The Secret, we Twelevers don't really care who finds these lost treasure, as long as they're found. It would be much appreciated if you would post your answers, so that everyone could collaborate and quite possibly, unearth this thing!

    -regulus
    There is more money buried in the earth than there is in currency today.

    -Edward Fitzgerald

  8. #18
    goatlady is offline Junior Twelever Bronze goatlady is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default Sorry

    I thought figuring it out was part of the fun. I guess if you want me to post the answer I have, that's fine with me. I will give you the short answer since the word for word is rather long. Kitt Peak National Obsevatory, home of the world's largest collection of optical telescopes, located near Tuscon Az. It goes on to say "winning was not easy, but you have figured out all my angles. I will hand you the Golden Apple when we meet". The full wording also names the radio telescope. I am sure someone else has already figured it out, but I was just so thrilled that I actually found an answer I hadn't seen on the boards. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I guess I am not cut out to explain things more clearly, I am sorry.Bye goatlady

  9. #19
    stvwz's Avatar
    stvwz is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    stvwz is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regulus View Post
    Goatlady, we'd love to hear what you've come up with! However, the way you are explaining it now is confusing me. Instead of giving the answer, you're hinting at it hoping we'll figure it out for ourselves. On hunts like The Golden Apple Tale, or The Secret, we Twelevers don't really care who finds these lost treasure, as long as they're found. It would be much appreciated if you would post your answers, so that everyone could collaborate and quite possibly, unearth this thing!

    -regulus

    Regulus

    Figuring it out IS the main point. Contrary to what you have posted, I would be willing to bet that the majority of Twelevers DO NOT WANT the simple answers plopped in front of them. Goatlady has been gracious enough to give us some crumbs to nibble on and to think for ourselves, to figure this out. Since this hunt is so long in the tooth, no one really expects the prize to still be there, so how to solve is the only thing left and the pleasure is in trying to understand the mind of the puzzle master.

    Goatlady - I appreciate what you have given us so far, let us think about what you have said before outlining the entire approach. I for one have enjoyed our sessions.

    Thanks

    Steve

  10. #20
    tpschar is offline Junior Twelever Copper tpschar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default angles

    goatlady,

    If you're still reading, is there a significance to the word 'angles' in the answer you found?

    Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    I thought figuring it out was part of the fun. I guess if you want me to post the answer I have, that's fine with me. I will give you the short answer since the word for word is rather long. Kitt Peak National Obsevatory, home of the world's largest collection of optical telescopes, located near Tuscon Az. It goes on to say "winning was not easy, but you have figured out all my angles. I will hand you the Golden Apple when we meet". The full wording also names the radio telescope. I am sure someone else has already figured it out, but I was just so thrilled that I actually found an answer I hadn't seen on the boards. I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I guess I am not cut out to explain things more clearly, I am sorry.Bye goatlady

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts