+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: I have a solution to this

  1. #11
    tpschar is offline Junior Twelever Copper tpschar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    The book doesn't say anything about "digging it up." It says the author will "meet you there and accompany you on your adventure."

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    tpschar said

    Personally, I think it's unlikely you will be able to retrieve the apple without the author's help.

    going back to the book pg3, it says who ever solves the riddle, can dig it up

  2. #12
    tron's Avatar
    tron is offline Twelever Gold tron is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpschar View Post
    The book doesn't say anything about "digging it up." It says the author will "meet you there and accompany you on your adventure."

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    tpschar said

    Personally, I think it's unlikely you will be able to retrieve the apple without the author's help.

    going back to the book pg3, it says who ever solves the riddle, can dig it up
    "Friends can be helpful"

  3. #13
    tpschar is offline Junior Twelever Copper tpschar is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    "don't let it...go to your head" B)

    I guess if Jagular really has the correct solution, he can say whether or not the instructions are specific enough to pinpoint the apple's exact location, and if it's publicly accessible.

    Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tpschar View Post
    The book doesn't say anything about "digging it up." It says the author will "meet you there and accompany you on your adventure."

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    tpschar said

    Personally, I think it's unlikely you will be able to retrieve the apple without the author's help.

    going back to the book pg3, it says who ever solves the riddle, can dig it up
    "Friends can be helpful"

  4. #14
    Jagular is offline Junior Twelever Copper Jagular is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    34

    Default

    what i was trying to accomplish is to ask if people think that the author went and retrieved the item when he let the PO box expire.
    And if my solution is correct, it would be accessible. The location is specific down to mere inches.

  5. #15
    Domino's Avatar
    Domino is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    Domino is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    On Location
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
    I apologize if I come across as vague or cryptic, but please understand my situation. I've been married to this hunt since it came out. My mother originally bought me the book in the aftermath of Masquerade, and I was 12 years old when it came out. I've wanted to see it solved ever since. If I had my way, I would take my 15 year old son there and retrieve it. But seeing as I'm from Texas, I'm really not equipped to handle the cold. Realistically speaking, I would have no chance to go there until at least the spring time.

    In response to the feedback I've received, nobody who has offered to help dig it up (either here or in PM) is within 5 hours of the location. And most of the people who offered are much further than that.

    And to the replies in the forum,

    Tron: the hiding spot appears to be at unmolested, regardless of if it is secluded or not.

    tpschar: I have, at one time or another, read every TGAT post both here and at Q4T. Certain parts of my solution were discussed. None of it has been discussed and dismissed outright. And other parts of it have never been discussed at all.

    CW0909: My assumption is that it is in a clay apple, painted red. Please understand that I do not want to say if it had to do with Kansas or not. I'm not trying to be rude, but just to consider my options at this time. If I were, for example, to confirm the city, it would make it easier for someone else to figure it out and claim it ahead of me.

    J15Bell: Thank you for your offer. I agree with you 100% that the person who figures it out should be able to get it. Not because I believe I have solved it, but just because what is right is right. I've made the same offer to others on different hunts.

    Thank you everyone for your support in this. If no other options present themselves, I suppose I will have to wait until the sometime in 2010 to go there. I guess in the meantime I will continue working on Verse One in The Secret. That's the other hunt that I do.
    I did try to send you a nice little note. Let me know if you need anything. Cheers. Domino


  6. #16
    cw0909 is offline Good Twelever Platinum cw0909 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpschar View Post
    The book doesn't say anything about "digging it up." It says the author will "meet you there and accompany you on your adventure."

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0909 View Post
    tpschar said

    Personally, I think it's unlikely you will be able to retrieve the apple without the author's help.

    going back to the book pg3, it says who ever solves the riddle, can dig it up
    pg3 quote
    [the treasure will belong to whoever can locate its hiding place]

    tpschar, your right it dint say dig i just interpreted it that way, i guess hiding place
    made me think of buried, guess it could be hanging in a jewelry store display LOL
    we got a small hint from Jagular, he was sure within inches

    Jagular im in NE ohio, id go get it for you, and you would have full credit, and prize
    id do a video of it too,and i get it, its the thrill of the retrieval
    well keep us posted, i for one would love to see a pic and your story and solve
    good luck to you

  7. #17
    Jagular is offline Junior Twelever Copper Jagular is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I did try to send you a nice little note. Let me know if you need anything. Cheers. Domino
    Ah, sorry. I tried to respond but it wont allow me to send PM's until my post count is higher.

    Unfortunately, the distance from you is further than you stated you were willing to drive. I really appreciate the offer, however.

    -jag

  8. #18
    Jagular is offline Junior Twelever Copper Jagular is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    34

    Default

    [QUOTE=cw0909;507814]
    Quote Originally Posted by tpschar View Post
    Jagular im in NE ohio, id go get it for you, and you would have full credit, and prize
    id do a video of it too,and i get it, its the thrill of the retrieval
    well keep us posted, i for one would love to see a pic and your story and solve
    good luck to you
    I would actually take you up on that, depending on how many hours you are willing to drive. I would absolutely love to see this thing DUG up.

  9. #19
    Jagular is offline Junior Twelever Copper Jagular is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    34

    Default

    And to increase my post count one further, I'll say that I went over my answer step by step with an old family friend. Just in case something should happen to me. But mostly to have had the chance to actually tell someone the answer.

  10. #20
    tron's Avatar
    tron is offline Twelever Gold tron is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
    And to increase my post count one further, I'll say that I went over my answer step by step with an old family friend. Just in case something should happen to me. But mostly to have had the chance to actually tell someone the answer.
    This appears to be promising. (From what you describe) I hope you do collect it
    so that your solution is verified and then you can give full disclosure.

    I like when the old hunts are still given their due respect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts