+ Reply to Thread
Page 1254 of 1256 FirstFirst ... 254 754 1154 1204 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 LastLast
Results 12,531 to 12,540 of 12552

Thread: A Journey

  1. #12531
    astreeturover's Avatar
    astreeturover is offline !!! TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    astreeturover is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    in MD
    Posts
    17,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horace View Post
    What about Sarman and Sarmoung?


    What about entwined serpents?


    Simple stuff.


    The ideas that came to mind upon reading M’s post did include the entwined serpents, the caduceus, and the 88 in the copyright quote.
    Free is the best deal!

    "The Scarlet Cloud Approaches"
    "Time is of ten a one-way street"
    ..........Go 5 X 5..........

  2. #12532
    michaelr is offline !!! Benitoite michaelr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,602

    Default

    In the the story of "Nicolas Flamel and the Philosopher's Stone" in the LRB there are numerous words that begin with upper case letters that should be lower case.

    e.g. He offered a place where other Copyists and Illuminators could focus on their work - LRB version

    compare with:

    https://www.crystalinks.com/flamel.html

    Copyists and illuminators did their work there. .... One of the copyists or illuminators acted also as a servant to him.

    More mistakes?

  3. #12533
    michaelr is offline !!! Benitoite michaelr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,602

    Default

    The manner in which the solution is to be submitted to Priory?

    I have only ever been able to come up with three possible ways that make any kind of logical sense to me (and many that don't!).

    I can find a lot of good quality evidence within the puzzle to support two of the ideas, but realistically they are a lot less likely than the third.

    The third possibility has always been the one that makes the most rational sense to me, but I have never been able to find any good quality evidence within the puzzle to support the idea.

    The web page that was found to submit an entry still makes no sense to me whatsoever. I never recall DB confirming that the webpage in question was correct . Can anyone else remember DB doing so?

  4. #12534
    astreeturover's Avatar
    astreeturover is offline !!! TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    astreeturover is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    in MD
    Posts
    17,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    The manner in which the solution is to be submitted to Priory?

    I have only ever been able to come up with three possible ways that make any kind of logical sense to me (and many that don't!).

    I can find a lot of good quality evidence within the puzzle to support two of the ideas, but realistically they are a lot less likely than the third.

    The third possibility has always been the one that makes the most rational sense to me, but I have never been able to find any good quality evidence within the puzzle to support the idea.

    The web page that was found to submit an entry still makes no sense to me whatsoever. I never recall DB confirming that the webpage in question was correct . Can anyone else remember DB doing so?
    Hi M,

    First, Happy Easter to you, HT, Horace, and all.

    I dont recall any specifics about submitting through a webpage. I was under the impression that the method of Submission was a central piece of the puzzle.

    I can only think of one place in the puzzle where the reader is instructed:

    “Here conjure the Beast with the Key and write the wisdom...”

    I believe that solving that the puzzle contains enough information to determine this, and that reforging the Key is a critical element.

    astree
    Free is the best deal!

    "The Scarlet Cloud Approaches"
    "Time is of ten a one-way street"
    ..........Go 5 X 5..........

  5. #12535
    michaelr is offline !!! Benitoite michaelr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astreeturover View Post

    I dont recall any specifics about submitting through a webpage.
    Hi A, Happy Easter to you and everyone else as well.

    I cannot remember who it was, but somebody found a webpage using some long number. There was a web page saying "Congratulations" in large letters (followed maybe with something like "You've found the submission method"), a photo of Timemonk looking very sheepish, and a box for entering the answer to the question "What is the Beast?".

    It never made any sense to me.

  6. #12536
    astreeturover's Avatar
    astreeturover is offline !!! TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    astreeturover is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    in MD
    Posts
    17,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Hi A, Happy Easter to you and everyone else as well.

    I cannot remember who it was, but somebody found a webpage using some long number. There was a web page saying "Congratulations" in large letters (followed maybe with something like "You've found the submission method"), a photo of Timemonk looking very sheepish, and a box for entering the answer to the question "What is the Beast?".

    It never made any sense to me.
    Seems very odd. I dont recall that at all. If you can find it again, please post a link.

    Thanks, M.
    Free is the best deal!

    "The Scarlet Cloud Approaches"
    "Time is of ten a one-way street"
    ..........Go 5 X 5..........

  7. #12537
    michaelr is offline !!! Benitoite michaelr is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,602

    Default

    That might take a while!

    In the meantime I found a reference to the supposed number for submission:

    https://mysteriouswritings.com/the-w...anatha-puzzle/

    "... could supply 0-7745997587; the supposed number for submission."

  8. #12538
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    That might take a while!

    In the meantime I found a reference to the supposed number for submission:

    https://mysteriouswritings.com/the-w...anatha-puzzle/

    "... could supply 0-7745997587; the supposed number for submission."


    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  9. #12539
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyThoth View Post


    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  10. #12540
    Horace's Avatar
    Horace is offline Master Twelever Ruby Horace is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    I see this thread has just turned over a million views!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts