+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 411

Thread: Thoughts and Findings related to the Maranatha "Key" Pt. II

  1. #71
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astral View Post
    The philosophers stone is not a stone, but a law , a principle a combination of secret rules and methods which can be applied in the laboratory work of transmuting metals , in transmuting the human body to a youthful one. Or in transmuting character and personality to a higher spiritual standard.

    The elixir of life was often referred to as a fluid which entered the human bodies and all other things on the earth plane. the early alchemist saw cosmic energy as flowing in and out of all matter.

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................


    I have so made to be painted for thee a field vert, because that in this decoration the confections become green and keep this colour longer then any other after black. This greeness shows particularly that our stone hath a vegetable soul and that by the industry of art it is turned into a true and pure tree, to bud abundantly and afterwards to bring forth infinite little sprigs and branches. O Happy green .....which dost produce all things, without thee nothing can increase, vegetate , nor multiply. The three folk rising again, clothed in sparkling white, represent the body, soul and spirit of our white stone. The philosophers so ordinarily use these terms of art to hide the secret from evil men.

    NICHOLAS FLAMEL ( FLAMMEL) 1330-1418
    " In the Thoth Tarot and decks influenced by it, this card is called Art rather than Temperance."
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  2. #72
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyThoth View Post
    " In the Thoth Tarot and decks influenced by it, this card is called Art rather than Temperance."
    daemon

    aerly

    The history of the Anglo-Saxons from the aerliest period to the Norman conquest - Sharon Turner - Google Books
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  3. #73
    hayward's Avatar
    hayward is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine hayward is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    934

    Default

    "Now, the spiritual corner-stone is deposited in the north-east corner of the lodge, because it is symbolic of the position of the neophyte, or candidate, who represents it in his relation to the order and to the world. From the profane world he has just emerged. Some of its imperfections are still upon him; some of its darkness is still about him; he as yet belongs in part to the north. But he is striving for light and truth; the pathway upon which he has entered is directed towards the east. His allegiance, if I may use the word, is divided. He is not altogether a profane, nor altogether a mason. If he were wholly in the world, the north would be the place to find him--the north, which is the reign of darkness. If he were wholly in the order,--a Master Mason,--the east would have received him--the east, which is the place of light. But he is neither; he is an Apprentice, with some of the ignorance of the world cleaving to him, and some of the light of the order beaming upon him. And hence this divided allegiance--this double character--this mingling of the departing darkness of the north with the approaching brightness of the east--is well expressed, in our symbolism, by the appropriate position of the spiritual corner-stone in the north-east corner of the lodge. One surface of the stone faces the north, and the other surface faces the east. It is neither wholly in the one part nor wholly in the other, and in so far it is a symbol of initiation not fully developed--that which is incomplete and imperfect, and is, therefore, fitly represented by the recipient of the first degree, at the very moment of his initiation"

  4. #74
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hayward View Post
    "Now, the spiritual corner-stone is deposited in the north-east corner of the lodge, because it is symbolic of the position of the neophyte, or candidate, who represents it in his relation to the order and to the world. From the profane world he has just emerged. Some of its imperfections are still upon him; some of its darkness is still about him; he as yet belongs in part to the north. But he is striving for light and truth; the pathway upon which he has entered is directed towards the east. His allegiance, if I may use the word, is divided. He is not altogether a profane, nor altogether a mason. If he were wholly in the world, the north would be the place to find him--the north, which is the reign of darkness. If he were wholly in the order,--a Master Mason,--the east would have received him--the east, which is the place of light. But he is neither; he is an Apprentice, with some of the ignorance of the world cleaving to him, and some of the light of the order beaming upon him. And hence this divided allegiance--this double character--this mingling of the departing darkness of the north with the approaching brightness of the east--is well expressed, in our symbolism, by the appropriate position of the spiritual corner-stone in the north-east corner of the lodge. One surface of the stone faces the north, and the other surface faces the east. It is neither wholly in the one part nor wholly in the other, and in so far it is a symbol of initiation not fully developed--that which is incomplete and imperfect, and is, therefore, fitly represented by the recipient of the first degree, at the very moment of his initiation"
    Well it's about durn time!
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  5. #75
    hayward's Avatar
    hayward is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine hayward is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Thank you HT.
    !

    As a person with a strong desire to mentally assess, I am a slow mover.

  6. #76
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hayward View Post
    Thank you HT.
    !

    As a person with a strong desire to mentally assess, I am a slow mover.
    sorry bud.. the twist is that I was taking it as my own initiation.. I think im finally ready.. the description does fit me to a T
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  7. #77
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hayward View Post
    Thank you HT.
    !

    As a person with a strong desire to mentally assess, I am a slow mover.
    sorry bud.. the twist is that I was taking it as my own initiation.. I think im finally ready.. the description does fit me to a T
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  8. #78
    hayward's Avatar
    hayward is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine hayward is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyThoth View Post
    sorry bud.. the twist is that I was taking it as my own initiation.. I think im finally ready.. the description does fit me to a T
    Well, if that is the case, then congratulations. I thought perhaps you were already there. Without guidance or support from a teacher, self-initiation is certainly a rogue path with very few signposts to mark the path.

  9. #79
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hayward View Post
    Well, if that is the case, then congratulations. I thought perhaps you were already there. Without guidance or support from a teacher, self-initiation is certainly a rogue path with very few signposts to mark the path.
    it hasn't been easy, but Maranatha and everyone here has been a huge help.. after the years working/playing here.. im still only halfway.. per the description, if that means im ripe for initiation.. then I will happily do my best to remain worthy
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

  10. #80
    HappyThoth's Avatar
    HappyThoth is offline !!! Benitoite HappyThoth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    I have to say.. Duncan may have said there are no red herrings.. but I'd wager he'd have a hard time stating he hasn't hoodwinked.. given the initiation.. I'm alright with that
    To enter a temple constructed wholly of invariable geometric proportions is to enter an abode of eternal truth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts