+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 429

Thread: New hunt: The Silver Key (American)

  1. #181
    erexere's Avatar
    erexere is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    erexere is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    I really hope I don't fall for a red herring.

    Already something looks too good to be true. Following a lead I found two strongly matching map segments...but I don't believe it...I did that back in the treasures trove days and it was spot on wrong. I'm not going to waste time searching blindly for anything.

  2. #182
    erexere's Avatar
    erexere is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    erexere is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Has anyone else found a certain statue that points to a certain mountain top?

  3. #183
    Melephant is offline Needs to say Hello! Melephant is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default argh

    I'm so lost.. I just started this a few days ago, and I'm making no headway with these ciphers (the cover cipher and the hint). Enjoying it so far though.. happy hunting everyone.

  4. #184
    Melephant is offline Needs to say Hello! Melephant is an unknown quantity at this point
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default

    well.. I got the hint cipher, but I don't see why it's a hint. I'm really just more confused.

  5. #185
    Engineer's Avatar
    Engineer is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Engineer is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melephant View Post
    well.. I got the hint cipher, but I don't see why it's a hint. I'm really just more confused.
    Me too, but it could be the grid for another cipher text, or a hint on the method used for other cipher text, or maybe we have to figure out the key phrase used here.

  6. #186
    erexere's Avatar
    erexere is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    erexere is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Still haven't made sense of the ciphers.

    Did some more sight seeing and found something interesting with respect to the word BLUE.

    Animal house with John Belushi was filmed in Eugene. Found a dedication among some other benches to Jake Elwood Bruta. Belushi and Dan Akroyd starred in The Blues Brothers as brothers Jake and Elwood. So in a way it combines the dedication idea and the Blue Meets the Blue. Is this the place where the Son gets to?

  7. #187
    Engineer's Avatar
    Engineer is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Engineer is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erexere View Post
    Still haven't made sense of the ciphers.

    Did some more sight seeing and found something interesting with respect to the word BLUE.

    Animal house with John Belushi was filmed in Eugene. Found a dedication among some other benches to Jake Elwood Bruta. Belushi and Dan Akroyd starred in The Blues Brothers as brothers Jake and Elwood. So in a way it combines the dedication idea and the Blue Meets the Blue. Is this the place where the Son gets to?
    Or possibly when the 'sun' gets there too. I wonder if the clue for 'son' is a hint or a misdirection? I had always thought 'sun' previously. Someone else also suggested where 'W' meets 'W', since the writer's affection for homophones makes many possibilities.

  8. #188
    erexere's Avatar
    erexere is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    erexere is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    I know this is silly but I passed a couple folks smoking weed at one of the benches and it reminded me of a band named Blue Indica which was supposdly a name for marijuana. I know its more commonplace now but Eugene has been known for its hippy puffing culture. Saw a lot of VW buses roll through town for a "Dead" concert a couple weekends ago. Anyways...where was I? Hmm...nevermind.

  9. #189
    erexere's Avatar
    erexere is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    erexere is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    1,975

    Default frustrating cipher

    I just wanted to express my frustrations with the cipher. That is all.

  10. #190
    erexere's Avatar
    erexere is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Emerald
    erexere is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Oregon
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melephant View Post
    well.. I got the hint cipher, but I don't see why it's a hint. I'm really just more confused.
    Me too, but it could be the grid for another cipher text, or a hint on the method used for other cipher text, or maybe we have to figure out the key phrase used here.
    I think the key to the hint cipher has some slop in it to through us off. I'm thinking it's CLARINETHORN, but there is a swap between the G and N.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts