+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epilogue...

Cat957 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    Cat957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Epilogue...

epilogue - American Heritage Dictionary

... at the end of a literary work, often dealing with the future of its characters. Also called afterword

"So the story ends - happily, as a Fairy Tale should."

Soooo, what's changed?

The forest thrives.
    Zac & Ana are happy and busy.
    Pook is still fat but no longer timid.
    Yorah grew "older and wiser".
    The creatures lived near the Linden stump with their loved ones.
    The Darklings stayed in the dark grotto. (Remind me to avoid that spot! )
    Rusful's black-rock body washed away.
    Zac & Ana could hear each other's thoughts.
    Zac believed in fairies.

Where does this help us in the search??
    "It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." (Henry David Thoreau)

Marti is offline Needs to say Hello! Marti is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that the entire Epilogue seems unnecessary. There are some words here that can make very interesting anagrams though...
    grubinmoles
    tam o'jacks
    cawcats???

Are they mentioned earlier in the story as being a threat to Ana and Zac?
    (mumbling to self) Maintain a sense of humor about all this, it's SUPPOSED to be FUN! Grrr.

nodon is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    nodon will become famous soon enough

those 3 creatures are mentioned in chapter 1 (p 16 - 17) as creatures that brave doths bark bravely at (ugh, awful grammar - it's rubbing off).

Found it there. Funny MS would feel the need to mention them again in an Epilogue.
    HEY...Maybe it's just me but...in rereading the Epilogue, I feel as though MS is reiterating the places in the story where the clues are. It seems more like a summary of the story almost!! Why?
    I feel the Epilogue is a very important 'clue' to the clues!!!

Oh yeah, Reminder to Cat: Avoid the Grotto!!! (you did ask for a reminder)
    (mumbling to self) Maintain a sense of humor about all this, it's SUPPOSED to be FUN! Grrr.

Chiyo Chichi is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Chiyo Chichi is an unknown quantity at this point

Writing 101.
    It is a common technique to refer back to your opening in your conclusion, providing a satisfying closure to the paper, essay, or story.

Yes of course that's what an Epilogue is...It's just that it doesn't seem a necessary literary element for this particular tale. Our author had already wrapped things up quite neatly...AND (lest we forget) we're looking for clues....

Chiyo Chichi is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Chiyo Chichi is an unknown quantity at this point

Right... I just meant that it is possible that he referred to cawcats and such at the beginning and end to tie it all together. "Three-bounce-landing" also appears near the beginning and the end. But you're right...l anything could be a clue.

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

One thought on Three Bounce Landing brings to mind Airports, that have a Three Letter Code for identification.

http://www.travelersnet.com/Airport%20Codes/A.htm

suelough is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Diamond
    suelough will become famous soon enough

I like that thought Debz. The three bounce landing is a phrase that I consider one of the odd ones.

Sue
    Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

+ Reply to Thread