+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm facinated with page 16

landp is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper landp is an unknown quantity at this point

Default I'm facinated with page 16

I'm new to this website, but love it! I have much to share. On the 29th of Jan, my husband and I were able to visit the California Academy of Sciences in SF. We saw the jewels, took pictures, talked to MS, (he signed our book too) and heard his reading of it and enjoyed a question and answer time. Some of the questions he answered, some he didn't, some he wouldn't. I had some notes written on some post-its on some of my pages as to my thoughts where the text might be leaning and he read them. Then he put my book down and looked at me and said, "I can't comment on any of this." Well, I just wanted him to sign my book, I never asked him to look at, read, or comment on any of my little notes cards. Wow! What an experience! One of the questions he wouldn't answer was, "Are the tokens all alike?" Interesting... He also talked with me about the solution to Treasure-Search for the Golden Horse, which he admitted solving after the hunt had ended. He became intrigued with the shadowing of some of the letters in the beginning of particular chapters.
    Has anyone else had the opportunity to see the jewels? They are beautiful! Just stunning!
    Anyway, getting back to page 16. First while reading the posts about page 16 today (there is so much to read, this has been my first opportunity) I saw that the possibility of Roman Numerals was being talked about. When I started looking at them, I saw I's, V's and L's. I got the L's from using the blades of grass after some of the I's.
    V L Y could this stand for Valley. Is the ladybug in a valley somewhere? Now for my big observation! While looking at the Faerie, the sun was shinning on the page, I noticed something in the knothole! It's a square and then in the square it says B25 or B2S...Does anyone else see this? Quick, grab a flashlight!

meowser is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper meowser is an unknown quantity at this point

I can see what looks like a square or discoloration. Good eyes, I am not sure I can make out letters though. I will try the flashlight later though..

-meowser

landp is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper landp is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me know. Like I said it took bright sunlight for me to see it.

ratty is offline Junior Twelever TwelevePlus
    Copper
    ratty is an unknown quantity at this point

There was some talk of the letters in the black knothole in another thread awhile back, I don't think anyone came up with anything definitive... I can see the lighter area in the black but can't make anything out of it in my copy of The Book.

-ratty
    "Regard this simple silver salt cellar. Regard this simple hat."

meowser is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper meowser is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, I used a flashlight but couldn't make anything out. For a second I though maybe it was something special where you needed to put it in a light source and then go into the dark and it would glow in the dark but no luck. I actually took don't be afraid of the dark literally and took the book into a pitch black setting to see if anything glowed, nada. That would have been pretty cool in my opinion.

-meowser

huss is offline Junior Twelever Copper huss is an unknown quantity at this point

it is the capital letter "Q".

this should start some buzzzzzzzin'!
    i used to have a life.

perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road

Say, Huss---how long have you known it was the Q?

Oh, and by the way, you are correct to use declaratory language, because there can be no argument that it is, in fact, a Q.

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    spiderman will become famous soon enough

Here I am, the kind of minutia. Just wanted to let you know that I've found quite a bit on this page. Look in the leaves, or on the stems, to read things. Just a few that I've seen:

e,xy,jg,et,3,kq, kreg, 3ks4, 244, 24, weiner, 813898, data, fptd, et451, nw, titug, claytana, 100A, ken2, an, piv, 4568A, y

There is also a series of round things that look like stars, or the dandelion seeds, at the top inside border.

And if you look closely at the outside edges of tiny grass, you'll see that they are threaded with shades of different colors. The page goes green to orange, and you can see clear markings of orange up near the green section where orange shouldn't be. I take this to mean that we are supposed to fold this page somehow. You can also see glimpses of 'wrong' color on the inside border.

I found a half clock/compass on another page tonight, so it is possible that the tiny grass around these borders aren't supposed to spell something but rather be degrees or directions on the compass. My eyes are tired so I'm off! Good night dear friends.

GapGuy is offline Junior Twelever Bronze GapGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: I'm facinated with page 16

Quote Originally Posted by landp
    When I started looking at them, I saw I's, V's and L's. I got the L's from using the blades of grass after some of the I's.
    These are roman numerals-- " a code of numbers?"
    If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning.

+ Reply to Thread