+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whats in the octogon at the bottom of the tree?

outlandishfirst is offline Junior Twelever Copper outlandishfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

perhaps the octagon is meant to mean "stop" like stop code here or stop using this cipher...

---maybe I'm just trippin'

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally looked into this myself, not having seen anything previously, and I'm seeing a box that is made up of dashes, like it was meant to be cut out. It also reminds me of the drop cap o box on page 52.

Laugh if you want. But it's definitely there. It is smaller than the lighter green box inside the "stop sign".

Does anyone else see it?

Someone please say yes....

*rubs eyes, cries a little and goes to look for more*

GapGuy is offline Junior Twelever Bronze GapGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been fascinated with this page since I first saw it. The letters in the trees were one of the last poem lines my girlfriend and I deciphered.

Somehow I think the octagonal knothole relates to the octagonal spider in the border a few pages later.

I agree with the "Stop sign" hypothesis. It reminds me of those standardized test I used to take in school (Arrow----> next page Arrow----> next page Arrow----> next page Arrow----> next page <> Stop)

And no I son't see a Q.
    If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning.

minerva is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper minerva is an unknown quantity at this point

it reminds me of the shapes on the spider's back on 19-20

longtimefan is offline Junior Twelever Copper longtimefan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by precious1
    adpower, I agree! I have tried everything too and do NOT see a Q in the there. Anybody else try???
    I do not see a Q or a q, it looks like a rectangle, with an oval shape on top of it.

skoldpadda is offline Twelever Silver skoldpadda is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not see a Q, either.
    Over 1,000 miles travelled in search of 1 token.

Tokens found: zero. (no, I don't expect I'll have to edit this)

Currently working on: Firefly, beetle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2