+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pentagram

dazedandconfused is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper dazedandconfused is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Can't shake DC

Quote Originally Posted by dino74
    The saw handle that the "traveller" star is on top of, kinda looks like the state of MD, and the center part of the star has a pentagon, and is located in the general area of D.C. Just an observation, but who knows?
    First post from me....hope someone finds it worthwhile. I think this is a most interesting illustration, and I also locked in on the saw handle that seemed to look like a rough outline of the state of MD. The traveller has a pentagon inside a star (nation's capitol) centered near where Washington, DC would be located. A couple of inches to the right is another saw handle. If you look at that handle with the page upside down, the handle looks like it is in the shape of the letters DC (or QC, but Q is conspicuously absent in this book). Also, the plumb bob reminds me of a Foucault pendulum. There is a Foucault pendulum in DC in the lobby of one of the Smithsonian museums. I believe it is in the Museum of American History. The Smithsonian museum next door, the Natural History museum, is where the Hope diamond resides, along with other gems. Does any Smithsonian museum have an exhibit of early American construction tools?
    Don't know if this adds up to anything. Just thought I'd put the observations in play. There's a lot to go through on this page.

I remain,
    Dazed and Confused

lissa178 is offline Needs to say Hello! lissa178 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Locations...

Here are where all of the California Academy of Sciences' Foucault Pendulums are located:

Albuquerque Academy, Albuquerque, NM
    The Brevard Museum, Cocoa, FL
    Berea College, Berea, KY
    Cumberland Science Museum, Nashville, TN
    First Citizens Bank, Billings, MT
    Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis, IN
    Kirkpatrick Center Museum Complex, Oklahoma City, OK
    Lied Discovery Children's Museum, Las Vegas, NV
    Museum of Natural History & Science, Louisville, NC
    Oregon Convention Science Center, Orlando, FL
    Science Center of Iowa, Des Moine,IA
    Science Museum of Virginia, Richmond, VA
    SciWorks, Winston-Salem, NC
    Spokane Falls Community College, Spokane, WA
    University of Washington, Seattle, WA
    University of South Florida, Tampa, FL

packimocity is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    packimocity will become famous soon enough

Lissa:

I'm not sure your list is complete...I saw one in Philadelphia (The Franklin Institute)

nodon is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    nodon will become famous soon enough

It's been a few years, but they removed the pendulum from the smithsonian museum in d.c. I'm not sure why - probably cuz it took up too much floor real estate, or the visitors were messing with it, or it posed a threat to national security.

packimocity is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    packimocity will become famous soon enough

Did anyone see the NBC special a few nights ago on the "DaVinci code"?

The pentagram drawn in blood at the beginning of the novel looked startingly similar to the one on p19.

BTW, lissa, have you seen the whale yet? (not book-related, sorry)

lissa178 is offline Needs to say Hello! lissa178 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default list and whale

Yes, I have seen the whale! It still swims up and down the river... sad.

The list I posted was something I found online... I didn't think it was complete either, since there is one in Wyoming as well, but I thought it might be helpful to someone.

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

Packmocity
    Very good pickup. The image in the DaVinci Code came from Leonardo's drawing of the Vitruvian man (after, I think, Marcus Vitruvius, a Roman engineer and architect) which demonstrated the Divine Proportion or golden mean used in classical art. If you read the DaVinci Code, you'll remember the discussion of phi. I've written more about why I think this concept is important in ATT on the first thread in the section on Michael Stadther under "how he thinks."
    Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

Wandering Mutant is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    Wandering Mutant is an unknown quantity at this point

I found something VERY intersting that goes along the lines of DC and the and the freemasons. just another 'hit' to add to the theory.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, the last paragraph...

http://altreligion.about.com/library.../aa100102a.htm

WM

(Moderator corrected link. )

Wandering Mutant is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    Wandering Mutant is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry... can't seem to make the link right. Guess you'll have to copy and paste if you want to peek, don't know what I'm doing wrong...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2