+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do we have here?

Cat957 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    Cat957 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default What do we have here?

The description says: Chapter 4, Fairy B dropcap, dragonfly, not on private property nor in anyones hands.

Pretty straightforward... It's "Chapter 4 The Forest Creatures".

There's what we figure is a "Pickensrooter" hanging onto the letter box.

There's a white dragonfly embedded into the blue "B".

And when you look all over the ribbon, it appears to say "not on private property nor in anyone's hands".

Again, this is one of the less "glamorous" pictures... lots of leaves, the ribbon, green leaves with orange flowers around the letter box.

I haven't yet looked over the entire page in great detail. But there MUST be more here than meets the casual eye...

Sooooo... what do *you* see???
    "It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." (Henry David Thoreau)

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried cutting a copy of the picture along the blue lines to see if they made puzzle pieces. I even tried pairing them with somehat similarly odd shapes from page 10 and got a big old nothing.

But there's got to be a reason for the blue lines....?
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

Gold

Does anybody's state flag or state seal have this shape in it?
    "It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." (Henry David Thoreau)

Trainor is offline Twelever Silver Trainor is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at state flags and seals last night. Maine is similar to this design

Gold

Terabithian is offline Junior Twelever Copper Terabithian is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Help

Err. Hi there all. My first post. I guess I am having all sorts of trouble spotting the white dragonfly on the blue B. I thought that the dragonfly was where this forum says the firefly is located. Can someone help me understand where exactly the shape is? Thanks.

Gold

Welcome!

Look at the straight part of the "B". The fancy design inside it is actually the dragonfly, in white and without great detail. The segmented center part is the "body", and the 2 rounded "wings" hang down from the body near the top.

See it now???

Gaines is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Gaines is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone see a hummingbird in the lower left corner? It has bugged me repeatedly, but I haven't seen anyone else comment on it. The brown leaf is the body, and the green leaves are the wings. Also, there is a dot for the eye. Hmm . . . .

cluemein is offline Needs to say Hello! cluemein is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone notice the two almost squigley lines at the bottom of the square ( with the B on it) one on each side? The one to the left looks like maybe there is a word hidden in it. It looks to me like ALE or am I just seeing things.

nodon is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    nodon will become famous soon enough

Probably not relevant to a puzzle, but more a comment on the thinking that went into the image (or maybe just a coincidence).

The poem phrase is repeated 12 times around the ribbon (starts bottom center, going counter clockwise) - the last repeat is just a partial fragment "Not on private property nor". The "in" may be on the hidden part of the ribbon or not. If it is on the ribbon but hidden, then the missing fragment "anyone's hands" has 12 letters.

The odd thing about the tail end of the ribbon is the coloring - throughout, the front of the ribbon (w/ text) is light red; the back is dark red. The curve on the last part of the ribbon should bring the light red to the front, but instead the dark red shows.

Also - there's a weird curve in the ribbon near the bottom (to the left and down a little from "impatiently"). Between that curve and the tail end of the ribbon, reminds me of a mobius strip.

Repetition of a phrase - just like knotholes chanting "Moon like...." incessantly, ad nauseam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast