Thread: Sign Language

suelough is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Diamond
    suelough will become famous soon enough

Default Re: sign language

Quote Originally Posted by toolmama
    the fairy in the magenta top, 3 " s" from the bottom on the left border
    Hi Toolmama-

It looks like something didnt come thru on your post - which fairy do you mean?

Thanks,

Sue
    Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

toolmama is offline Needs to say Hello! toolmama is an unknown quantity at this point

Default sign language

I was referring to the fairy in the third group from the bottom on the left side of the border. She has her thumbs clasped and her fingers spread to the outside. That's the ASL for spider.

cthree is offline Tweleve Monk TwelevePlus
    TWELEVE MONK
    Ruby
    cthree will become famous soon enough

Apparently the wrists must cross like so. Hard to tell for sure but she could very well be signing 'spider' if so i say follow up on this. Very nice observation. It would really be great if someone fluent in ASL could give us the lowdown. The hands of these fairies are ALL in rather strange positions. Letters? Bugs? What do they mean ASL experts?

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/page...s/s/spider.htm

EDIT:Has anyone noticed the smudge below the Bluish fairy crawling out of the frame on the bottom? Its in the green frame-bottom left. without any glass it looks like Bateille? or Cater-- but with glass it looks like a smudge lol. Anyone else have this?

Cindy625 is offline Junior Twelever Copper Cindy625 is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, i have it, but darned if i can read it. i *almost* see beetle. or barb. or crater. or beoris. (how can one little smudge spell all that????) maybe one of the docs who post here can read it.

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that fairy is making the sign for spider either. Granted there are some signs that can be done different ways, and she was one the fairies I thought might be making a sign, but I couldn't place which one it was. Still can't, but I'm not an expert.

snooze is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper snooze is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked as an interpreter for a while and I haven't seen anything I would consider usable.