+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highlights and lowlights of fairy hair

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    spiderman will become famous soon enough

Default Highlights and lowlights of fairy hair

OK, Chris, so here's what I know about these pages. There are teenie, tiny letters and words written all over this page. Get your best magnifying glass out, and take a look at the fairies' hair in particular. The highlights are words, cities, states, numbers, codes. Then concentrate on the lowlights and you'll get more information.

The wings of the fairies have writing on them as well. Think long and skinny usually.

There is a leaf with NSE on it in the appropriate places. If you see a leaf with dots on it, particularly at the top of the page, the dots are actually tiny letters and numbers. (Same for the serpent drop cap on page 45. Those are colored.)

Back to the fairies on page 36... The fairy with the hooked arm at the top of the page, with a blue outfit and brown hair, has a tiny "Hollywood" written in her hair, among other things.

Also look at 'puffy' writing on the branches and on Pook's wings. There is information everywhere. Hope that helps. Maybe we can all figure out what we are supposed to get from this.

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG, Spiderman.
    Ppppllleeeaaaassseee! My eyes cannot stand it. I'm using 2 magnifiers now and still missed all that stuff. I thought you were posting the whole message that the faeries' bodies make. that's why I wrote MIND in my post.

Great find!!!

Oh, Well .Back to the magnifiers.

Mumble, mumble - I can't stand it.

Answer to my riddle -

Me laughing my head off at how crazy I am to think I can begion to solve something this complex.

Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite

It's only great if you have an atomic microscope to read all the information on this page. Either his original artwork was huge, or this is the same guy who writes stories on grains of rice... Truly remarkable. I'm still not 100% sure about the fairies in the border, sorry. I do believe that they make mirrored numbers or letters, but with that theory they don't actually spell something. Perhaps they mean more if you know how to fill that 5x5 grid.

Hang in there!

shamrock is offline Junior Twelever Bronze shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Spiderman- I've looked at every dot on the page with a jeweler's loupe, but I have to say that I don't see much. The book was printed in dot matrix, so when you magnify anything that much it's nothing but colored dots. The only "letters" I can see are a few "F"s and "L"s, but I'm not even sure those are meant to be letters. Also, I don't at all see the word "Hollywood" in the fairy's hair. What are you using to magnify?

Benitoite

Hey Shamrock - I've got a magnifying glass with a stronger magnifier in it, kind of like bifocals. Got it in the eyeglasses section of Eckerds, near the pharmacy. I tried looking at it at an angle and could get better results sometimes, so maybe try that? The page is just covered with information. And it's like the companion book, where you fill in the spaces. Some things read into words in the darker spots, but if you look at the lighter parts you'll also read words there too. Try turning the book in different directions; the words often follow the part in the fairies' hair. I tried scanning it and enlarging the page but did better staring at it in perspective. The dots were too much when enlarged to keep the shape of the words. It's actually easier to read when they're smaller. Go figure!

If you can't read the highlights, try to focus on the fairy wings. They're informative too. Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread