+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fairies are words

SleuthJH is offline Junior Twelever Copper SleuthJH is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Fairies are words

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebug
    This page has taken up most of my time! I have gotten most of it, but am now stumped as to what it means. The fairies all represent words. This is the beginning of what I have deciphered so far, "Resting behind where three entwine..."
    Under "Found Tokens" for "Spider", Elrohir has recently posted a picture of what might be the spider tree.
    Do you think this clue "Resting behind where three entwine..."
    might apply to the spider token? Notice part of the Yorah tree is shown in the inside frame.

What do you think?

-SleuthJH

Puzzlebug is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Puzzlebug is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sleuth,

I wouldn't discount anything at this point, but I don't think so. I think this is either a part of the poem, a has been suggested, or it is part of Pook. The tree is great though, and I can see where you would associate "where three entwine". Who knows? I guess we will just have to wait and see. I sure hope someone will post about the spider find soon, though. The suspense is killing me!
    "We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fab ulous ?' Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God."
    -Nelson Mandela

Butterflyblue is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Butterflyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Charades

Maybe the fairies are playing Charades!

watching sleeping fairies, climb,
    curl, step-back, looking (at acorn),
    hug three(tree) hair (here)....
    NuJoyZGirl

crystalbtrfly07 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze crystalbtrfly07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree that the faeries must mean something. They are all positioned so weird. But, I don't know that they would be representations of words. I don't think MS has done that in this book. I remember when we were speculating about the humming bird page and someone came up with Salt Lake City (Salt-Lick-Sit-Tea). And we know that wasn't part of the solution. I may be wrong, but I don't think this is going in the right direction. I do think the faeries mean something, though.

~ crystalbtrfly07

pook4me is offline Needs to say Hello! pook4me is an unknown quantity at this point

Default fairy words

Here are some words I see in the fairies. Starting top left and going clockwise: look, resting, open, stretch, lies(top right), tucked, (not sure about the next two), sits (bottom right), under, offer or observe (bottom left), hold... then I agree with the first post about the three, where and behind. Maybe this will spark some more ideas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2