+ Reply to Thread

Thread: letters in squares

lindenmi is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    lindenmi is on a distinguished road

Default letters in squares

I can see a grafitti type F where the fairy is pointing (his finger is in the middle of it).If you look at each square individually I can see other letters too. They are the size of each square. Sq. 1,4 looks like an M and 1,5 looks like a Y with a curved tail. I see others in all the squares but I can't tell what they are. Can anyone else make some out.

ckiyup is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper ckiyup is an unknown quantity at this point

bit of a stretch to me...I dont think M.Stadther tags homles. But have you looked at pg.86...the brush strokes of the colored squares make numbers in them. I.E. The #3 in the lower right slate blue square, hold the book with pg. 87 in your lap and on the right side of the square

cmaner is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper cmaner is an unknown quantity at this point

Default H in 1,1

I scanned this drawing, increased the contrast then printed it - there is also an "H" in 1,1. It is slanting to the right. I still think these squares rearrange into another picture or something. I posted earlier about this and haven't gotten any extended treasure time to work on it lately - my mother-in-law is here for and extended visit. I will go back and look at my scanned image and see if I see other letters.

jcasally is offline Junior Twelever Copper jcasally is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone tried to pick out just the green shadings in the stones? Maybe the green forms something itself.

honeybee is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze honeybee is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that I noticed about this grid is that the dragons feet are on 'S' and 'P', and the eye is on 'I' if you fill in the grid like we have been. This made me wonder if this puzzle will be solved in a fashion similar to the grasshopper, but I've had no luck with it yet and have become discouraged with the whole thing (especially when I spent hours on hbird, had the right answer backwards with 2 wrong letters, and it was probably the one closest to me). Maybe this will help someone, but probably not, just thought I'd throw it out there.
    "...you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you."

SGordog is offline Junior Twelever Bronze SGordog is an unknown quantity at this point

I also see the graffiti like letters in the boxes but can't quite make them all out.

ocendesert is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper ocendesert is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought about the grid as the puzzle as well; the "SP" is reason enough. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be enough vowels. My head swims when I think about how many abbreviations might be involved...honestly, I don't think that MS would go to such lengths. I think it must be simpler.

So I am going to have to stick with page 77 as the key to finding the ant. After all, I was one of the misguided fools who maintained until the very last that the key to the Ladybug was in those darned colored leaves and grid on the "below sky and above earth be" page. It cost a gold's brick worth of colored ink too!

+ Reply to Thread