+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Map of USA

Mtndog9 is offline Needs to say Hello! Mtndog9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Map of USA

If you rotate the picture counter-clock-wise 90degrees it looks like a map of the US. The location of the eyes are the cities in which the jewels are located?

Is this posted somewhere else?

ABCS is offline Needs to say Hello! ABCS is an unknown quantity at this point

You look like you may be on to something there. I need to superimpose a map over the top to see where treasures may be, but it looks like there may two within six hours of me.

wilhouse is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    wilhouse is on a distinguished road

I can't see how that would give you an exact precise location.

wilhouse

JamesP is offline Junior Twelever TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    JamesP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by wilhouse
    I can't see how that would give you an exact precise location. - wilhouse
    It wouldn't but it could be a validation to someone that has solved one or more of the puzzles

Quote Originally Posted by wilhouse
    If you rotate the picture counter-clock-wise 90degrees it looks like a map of the US. The location of the eyes are the cities in which the jewels are located?

Is this posted somewhere else?
    Someone posted something similar to this. How would you know how to overlay the image? You would need some sort of reference point.
    ok.. I can see I won't get anything done until 2007!

Trevelyan is offline Junior Twelever Copper Trevelyan is an unknown quantity at this point

Along these lines, anyone think that maybe Pook is somewhere in Ohio, that being the dark area on the picture, and not an area with one of the other TWELVE faces?

Trev
    "Knowledge is power" + "With great power comes great responsibility" = Those who know must help those who don't.

cytobear is offline Needs to say Hello! cytobear is an unknown quantity at this point

Default what picture is everyone talking about?

which picture?

Frstprzfa is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    Frstprzfa is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: what picture is everyone talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by cytobear
    which picture?
    Try page 46... Denise
    "You cannot depend on your eyes
    when your imagination is out of focus."
    Mark Twain

jamesrav is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze jamesrav is on a distinguished road

Default rotate clockwise seems better

rotating counter-clockwise would seem to deprive the East Coast of a sufficient number of tokens (as a generality you could say one is in Maine, one in Georgia based on a counter clockwise rotation).

rotating clockwise gives a more representative distribution: 4 on the east coast (almost seems to be the Eastern Seaboard), 3 midwest/southeast, 3 in the rocky mountain states, then 2 on the Westcoast.

any eye (presumably a location) is easily reached in a days drive from somewhere, and the count of 12 just seems too coincidental. Obviously it's not directly helpful in finding a *precise* location (nobody would expect him to give that much in a single drawing), but perhaps useful in theorizing/confirming a 'region' (50 mile radius?) within a state. I know i'll be reluctant to consider a central california location, it appears the two west coast eyes are SoCal and perhaps Oregon. Time to make a scaled down USA map.

jamesrav is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze jamesrav is on a distinguished road

Default forget the east coast

after a bit of research, i realized my geography knowledge of the US was severely lacking. A counter-clockwise rotation fits much better.

a google search using "map of usa" gives this as the 2nd hit:

www.50states.com/us.htm

i traced over the map (19" monitor) and it does fit pretty nicely 'as is' over the page in the book - all the eyes are within the U.S. But then it dawned on me that a 14" monitor or a 21" , combined with different screen settings would give wildly different sized maps. So this whole idea is probably moot ... but a roughly 8" long USA map does fit over the eyes, giving a good distribution. The large black spot hits the Great Lakes pretty well. In this scenario, the East Coast is severely lacking however, with one in Maine, one in Georgia. Still, i'd say a location could be reached in a days drive from anywhere.

ltd_luna_chik is offline Needs to say Hello! ltd_luna_chik is an unknown quantity at this point

Default USA Map

OH MY G !!!!!!!!!! I HOPE U GUYS R RIGHT CAUSE I TOO HAVE SEEN THIS !!! OK SORRY FOR THE STRANGE WORDING BUT I'M LIKE WAY TOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS !!!!!!!! MY PARENTS THINK IAMB OBSESSED WITHIT BECAUSE :

1.I'VE LOST ABOUT 20-30 LBS IN THE LAST 2-3 MONTHS
    2.I'M PRACTICALLY FALLING ASLEEP EVERY SECOND EXCEPT WHEN I READ

WELL I THINK THEY'RE RIGHT !!!

ANYWAYS IF YOU GET ONE OF THOSE REALLY PRECISE USA MAPS AND IT FITS ALMOST PERFECTLY OVER "YORAH"/THE TREE ON PG.46 THEN LOOK FOR WHERE THE "EYES" R AND BAM U COULD HAVE A PRETTY SPECIFIC LOCATION IF U THINK I'M CRAZY TO TELL U THIS I PROBABLY AM WELL THAT & THE FACT THAT MY PARENTS MOST LIKELY AREN'T GONNA PAY LIKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST TO FLY ME AROUND THE US OR TO DRIVE ME !!!! ONE OF THE ONLY REASONS I GOT INTO THIS TREASURE HUNT IS BECAUSE I'M SO HIGHLY COMPETITIVE I'LL DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING TO WIN AND PROVE MY EX-FRIEND WRONG . WELL I'M NOT GONNA KILL ANYBODY OR ANYTHING DANGEROUS EXCEPT FOR MAYBE CUSS HER OUT . OOPS SORRY THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A KID FRIENDLY SITE OH WELL ITS NOT THAT BAD . U C ME AND MY FRIEND TOTALLY STARTED HATING EACH OTHER AFTER THAT ONE DAY COMING BACK FROM OUR CLASS FIELD TRIP AND SHE BOUT SOCKED ME ON THE BUS BECAUSE I SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS OK WELL ENOUGH OF MY LIFE STORIES BUT IF U WANT TO HERE MORE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY OR IF U WANT TO KNOW SOME OTHER STUFF ABOUT ME OR ATT EMAIL ME AT ltd_luna_chik@yahoo.com[/b]
    -vana

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast