+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Fence

a3mmom is offline Junior Twelever TwelevePlus
    Copper
    a3mmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the butterfly is missing but there seems to be some controversy over whether it could have been in the NC tree from page 54.

So here's my addition to the fence question --

on our family treasure hunt into some lesser parks we didn't find any fences but we did see other things with similar construction.

One was a small wooden bridge with 3 slats (couldn't find any good trees with the bridge in the proper place)

the others were benches with slatted backs. Maybe what you first think is the ground in front of the tree is the seat of a bench.

moonglitter is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper moonglitter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by a3mmom
    I know the butterfly is missing but there seems to be some controversy over whether it could have been in the NC tree from page 54.
    This confused me, too. I haven't seen any confirmation or details about the actual Butterfly find. It seemed up until this point that the trees the tokens have been found in were a match to the tree picture on the page facing the corresponding dropcap. So, wouldn't that make the tree on p54 go with the hummingbird? If not, which one does

Happy Hunting!
    Paula

kstreasurehunter is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze kstreasurehunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Default ....

the grasshopper wasn't... or was it? I thought they reported that it was not in the tree from the book.. but the tree from the book was at the park.. but I could be wrong..

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

The grasshopper tree was the one on p.71. However, it only appeared that way from behind, when standing in the narrow space between the tree and the bathroom it was in front of.

Distraction is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Distraction is an unknown quantity at this point

Something I keep meaning to try but have not;

1 - cut out the fence (or a piece of paper with the exact same shame).
    2 - lay it on top of the left border of the facing page (55)
    3 - move it up and down until the parts that show between the fence slats connect to form something (letters, numbers, etc...)

moonglitter is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper moonglitter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction
    Something I keep meaning to try but have not;

1 - cut out the fence (or a piece of paper with the exact same shame).
    2 - lay it on top of the left border of the facing page (55)
    3 - move it up and down until the parts that show between the fence slats connect to form something (letters, numbers, etc...)

Ahh, that's very clever. I may have to try that...

p71 for the grasshopper, eh? Now I wonder which tree will go with hummingbird?? I was hoping that if I found a solid enough clue to go on a hunt that I wouldn't have to cart my book around in the woods -- don't want to get harassed like some others have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3