+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Numbers on forehead

dtnagle is offline Junior Twelever TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    dtnagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Numbers on forehead

In the bottom left corner the face appears to have "80" on his forehead. The next one to the left seems to have "25" and maybe a zero but cant make it out for sure.

manndo2 is offline Junior Twelever Copper manndo2 is on a distinguished road

The figure on the far right also seems to have 15 on her cheeck (followed by what could be "wt")

I can get 5 numbers on that side of the page, but here, as in many places in the book, it is difficult to figure out what is intentional and what is just artistic squiggles.

This page has always been perplexing to me. So much going on here, but not a lot made of it. I don't want to take attention away from the numbers if that is apparently what we should be looking for to fill the boxes, but has anyone made any sense of what the solid silver "leaf" like shape about half way up the right hand edge of the page is supposed to represent?

ChptleLvr is offline Twelever Silver ChptleLvr is an unknown quantity at this point

The first large figure from the top -- the one with the bald head -- may also have the letters ""NET" or similar on the bridge of his nose.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

~ Samuel Johnson

jayhawker is offline Junior Twelever Copper jayhawker is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been studing this page for a while. This is one page that has numbers, groups of letters and a lot of roman numerials between I and V and they are in pairs. See the "match stixs" in the upper left for II , III. the rinkles in the shirt bottom of page, lower right look at the fingers, the veery top of the page left more II and Vs. The letters LUV _K in the middle column. I have been told there is nothing there...too obsure. I will keep looking and documenting what I find.

+ Reply to Thread