+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: The border...

blkcat1 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper blkcat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

jrrag,

I don't have the companion book, would you mind explaining further?

Thanks!

caligal is offline Needs to say Hello! caligal is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have the companion book, would you mind explaining further?

Thanks!
    The puzzle starts with the heads of 5 men. They each look very similar to the images on page 55. MS basically cuts and pastes and makes the 5 men "magically" into 4. The way he does this is by adding the hair ( upper half )of the 5th man to one of the 4 and the beard (lower half) to another one of the 4. He does it several steps to fool you into believing that all the pieces are still present. It is kind of obtuse to explain. If that didn't make sense...lol...let me know and I will try again.
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot. By order of the author..."
    --Mark Twain

blkcat1 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper blkcat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, ok. I've seen puzzles like that before - I hope that's not actually the case with this page, as there are so many places to cut and shift that it would be a nightmare.

Thanks, Caligirl!

Beetleboy is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Beetleboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay,

I don't know if this is posted anywhere else, but I did read through this thread and did not read it.

There are definitely letter shapes in the borders here. I see half of an M in the upper right and several more partial letters along the border. We may need to cut and paste, or more simply, maybe just a mirror would work.

But that is not what I wanted to point out. This is: If you look at the man with the hook on the bottom right of the page, take a close look at his arm and you will see that the word "next" is plainly printed on his arm. I have not had a lot of time to study this picture further (just started looking at it again this morning) as I am at work now...but will look more over the weekend and post Monday.

Anyone else who has the inclination, please confirm and take a look at the borders with a mirror!!
    What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Beetleboy

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    spiderman will become famous soon enough

Hey Beetle - Could you be a little more specific where you think you are seeing the word 'next'? I do not see that on the bottom right guy with the L hook. Are you talking about the larger guy on the side border or the one on the outside border? Thanks for helping; I'll try to confirm what I can.

ddpepper is offline Junior Twelever Bronze ddpepper is an unknown quantity at this point

beetleboy - great catch on the letters. there's a definite M in the third box down on the right. this is a mirror puzzle - i was wondering where he was going to use this one!
    on quick glance i see M 8 8 - is this what you see? dd

Beetleboy is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Beetleboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Spiderman- Sorry I was not specific. It is on the arm of the other man directly below the hook. If you flip the book 90 degrees (binding toward you), it is written in small print along the edge of his arm. It's possible it could say 'text' instead of 'next', but I'm pretty sure it's next.

dd- I definitely see the M in the corner. I did not see any 8's, but I don't have the book with me now, so I will have to look again tonight. I have not taken a mirror to that page yet, but plan to do so and will let you know.
    What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Beetleboy

ebear is offline Junior Twelever Copper ebear is an unknown quantity at this point

I see a 5 or a 9 on his arm but dont see text or next.

charisma is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper charisma is an unknown quantity at this point

Default next text

Quote Originally Posted by ebear
    I see a 5 or a 9 on his arm but dont see text or next.
    Oh the next is there
    in the forearm hair.

But n may be t
    for the text you see

OHtroverD is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper OHtroverD is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone else see a jewelled beetle on the left hand side using the mirror? I also got faces on the right hand side toward the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7