+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The border...

HiddenEnigma is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper HiddenEnigma is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The border...

There are repetitions in the border that I'm not quite able to make out. Sometimes the pictures are disected horizontally, other times vertically, but not in any repeating pattern. A non repeating pattern indicates a cyper or something like it. A picto-cypher perhaps?

lamneth100 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper lamneth100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Fingers

The guy in the bottom left with his hand on his face has five fingers-- not including his thumb, which you can't see.
    NOT afraid of the dark!

wilhouse is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    wilhouse is on a distinguished road

Default the border is the picture

Looking carefully at the border of P. 55, it is nothing more than the picture in the center of P.55, with the images shrunken, enlarged, flipped and rotated, then cut up and pasted to make a border.

Perhaps if one was to dissect the border you could get a morse code like signal - dashes for large rectangles, dots for small. But it'd be very complicated.

wilhouse

sendmearoze is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper sendmearoze is an unknown quantity at this point

Default letters in border

i posted this in the wrong place b4. i think i got too excited. haha. anyways.. in the upper left hand corner 3 sections down, i think i see an "N", then under it i think i see a "B". but that doesnt make any sense. so i dunno

jenrn4u is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    jenrn4u is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried putting transparency paper over the border and mapping each pasted piece (4 hours and counting)...to no avail, except there are one-heck of a lot more little rotated, flipped pieces of the big picture than I thought. And they are hard little buggers to see the lines seperating them. I had to find pretty much each one in the big picture and then figure out the "cut" lines from there.

Lamneth 100--
    I thought I spotted some polydactyly (usually a congenital deformity, usually genetic -- I'm a nurse I can't help it...) in the faeries too, but its hard to tell. But Yeah, that guy DEFINITELY has 5 fingers plus a hidden thumb. (another reference to Hannibal Lecter??? in the book, he had six fingers)

Travel'ngal is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Travel'ngal is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Letters next to binding????

Letters next to binding.. what are they?

Huddy911 is offline Junior Twelever Copper Huddy911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone find any significance to the creature with the fishhook looking thing in the right lower corner? next to the guy with the big stick that pokes up into the text box. It looks a little out of place but who knows.

Huddy911 is offline Junior Twelever Copper Huddy911 is an unknown quantity at this point

there is also what appears to be a large capital letter N just to the right of the title RUSFUL in the border. The shape is similar to that of the dropcap T, which I agree is a little unusual also.

honeybee is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze honeybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone else see the faces in the fence on page 54? Maybe the fence lines up with something in the picture.

_~BlAnK is offline Twelever Gold _~BlAnK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Weren't you wondering about that noise behind you?

Default Re: Fingers

Quote Originally Posted by lamneth100
    The guy in the bottom left with his hand on his face has five fingers-- not including his thumb, which you can't see.
    Does it occur to anybody else he's making the 'west side' symbol?

Or maybe hes just making a W

That could even be an E!
    Or am I just paranoid...

*Of course*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast