+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puzzle people, help me out!

entomologist is offline Junior Twelever Bronze entomologist is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Puzzle people, help me out!

I just spent way too long putting the puzzle together, and there are a few things I have never seen mentioned on the "Page 59" topics... If you've posted this before, shame on you for not putting it on the Page 59 posts :P

1) When I use every single piece, 3 pieces (A,E,F) that should be edge pieces are NOT edge pieces: A CODE OF...

Granted, the ribbon leaves the edge, but these pieces don't look right. If you want to check for yourself, note that the "A" piece is the one that the Kootenstoopid is pointing at on page 61.

2) The duplicate piece (by "Yorah's Plan" that has part of the D and A on it) does not fit properly, and the color is all wrong.

When you do a real puzzle (especially cheaply made ones), color and brush strokes are essential for telling if the pieces are in the right places. This is in the wrong place.

3) I haven't spent a lot of time looking at this, but I don't think the ribbon path goes through the letters as posted. The ribbon leaves the "A" and goes who knows where. The ribbon as I see it goes from the "D" in CODE to the "C".

4) There are other pieces that just don't seem to fit right. Granted, my method for doing the puzzle was pretty crude, and I don't want to take scissors to my book, and I'm a little burned out now to check every last piece...

In short, I think that part of why "A code of numbers five to a side" has us all stumped could be that this does not say "A code of numbers five to a side". Not a red herring, just everyone accepting what a few people have seen...

So am I all wet? What do y'all think who've bothered to do the puzzle?

entomologist is offline Junior Twelever Bronze entomologist is an unknown quantity at this point

HOO HOO!! I'm right, and y'all owe me! Someone noted that "Find the trees hole" on page 63 was found by paying attention to what the fairy was pointing at. The key to figuring out the code.

Every single piece pointed to by a fairy does not fit the puzzle!!!

Look at the bottom of the yellow "T" from page 51. It's supposed to fit with the orange line immediately below Yorah's tree. Doesn't fit there by shape OR by color.

Look at the bottom serif on the "N" pointed to on page 59. It's supposed to match with the piece from page 95. No serif. Doesn't fit.

As I mentioned in my last post, the "A" on page 61 goes off the edge, and is where our duplicate pieces are. Don't fit.

We have messed up on one of the key clues!!!!

Who is excited that "A code of numbers five to a side" may be bogus?

More importantly, who wants to help figure out how this really goes together?!!

void is offline Junior Twelever Bronze void is an unknown quantity at this point

I did that puzzle and there are 30 pieces and 30 spots and without a doubt all 30 fit a spot correctly and the result is a code of numbers five to a side.

I just spent some time double checking and my puzzle still completes the same way, several pieces do go off the edge (F,E,A from 61) but the T from 51 fits perfect in mine, I cant see any other way to build this.

Any thoughts?

void is offline Junior Twelever Bronze void is an unknown quantity at this point

One more thing, the criss cross diagonal lines used to make this puzzle, like page 63 blocks and the spider border, and the dandelion seeds on 77. I am way into that but do not know why just yet.

+ Reply to Thread