+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new thought on the poem verse

bobfam is offline Needs to say Hello! bobfam is an unknown quantity at this point

Default A new thought on the poem verse

I think the poem is wrong. I can't see the verse "WITH NAME IN HAND THE FAIRIES KNOW." I solved it myself with a clear mind and think it reads differently.

I came up with the following:

"WITH NAME IN HAND THE FACES KNOW"

This makes sense because Zac didn't find the jewels because of the fairies, he found them because of the knotholes singing to him. The knotholes knew, not the fairies.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,

Bob

PAKRATPAT is offline Junior Twelever Bronze PAKRATPAT is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: A new thought on the poem verse

Quote Originally Posted by bobfam
    I think the poem is wrong. I can't see the verse "WITH NAME IN HAND THE FAIRIES KNOW." I solved it myself with a clear mind and think it reads differently.

I came up with the following:

"WITH NAME IN HAND THE FACES KNOW"

This makes sense because Zac didn't find the jewels because of the fairies, he found them because of the knotholes singing to him. The knotholes knew, not the fairies.
    Thoughts? Comments?
    I haven't really worked this puzzle and had accepted what was being said as for what is written there. The only word that I did see was 'know' Guess I'll take a closer look now.Thanks
    Cat's litter is disposable
    Litters of cats aren't
    Spay and neuter

bobfam is offline Needs to say Hello! bobfam is an unknown quantity at this point

The words are backwards for the most part. Start at the root of the plant and read the higher branch first bottom to top. Then read the lower branch right to left. "Know" is the only word that is spelled right to left.

Hope this helps in reading.

shan24 is offline Junior Twelever Copper shan24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bobfam, I agree with you. I can't see the word "fairies" or "faeries" or any spelling of fairies to be honest with you. I guess I would go along with the first part, "With name in hand" and to be honest the whole phrase "With name in hand the fairies know" does make sense. But it just doesn't look like fairies to me. It lookes like the word CAVES is in there instead of fairies. If you look closely you will see that all the letters used in this line of the poem have white edges on their leaves. If that IS the case, then there is an unused letter, it's at the bottom of the page, the big "swish" in the middle with the dots on it, just after what looks like an F. I hope this makes sense. That unused letter to me looks like a C, and then you would have AVES. That part of the vine between the A and the E does not look like an I, or an R, as it would have to be in the case of the word FAIRIES. It looks like a V to me.

Now the problem is the word before CAVES, it looks like THEF which obviously makes no sense. But that H is strange because it would be a lowercase H, when all the other H's on this page are capitalized.

What I did to see this page better is to scan it, open it in photoshop (or any paint program probably would work) and reverse the image so it looks like what you would see in a mirror.

On another topic, over on the other side of the page with the dropcap "There", I definitely see the phrase "Box 5" below Ana. I think I've seen this mentioned in the forums before but not for a long time. This is seen while looking at the book without a mirror. If you look at this part of the page in a mirror, I see the letters GASE.

This page is making my eyes bug out so I had to put this out there. What do you think?

Shannon

Travel'ngal is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Travel'ngal is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you try to describe where you see "Box 5"? Is the top of the "B" to the right of the 'hidden S'? She's standing on the 'O', and the X is the right side of the O? The 5 would be under the h?

shan24 is offline Junior Twelever Copper shan24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I see the B to the right of the hidden S but the middle of the B is to the right of the S. The top half of the B is above the straight line that goes across (and is the bottom of the rectangle surrounding Ana) and the bottom half is below that line. Then she is standing on the O and the X is just to the right of the O. I see a number 5 below the OX, and it is slanted a little to the right.

Now do you have any idea what to do with it? I've tried a few things but am getting nowhere.

I spotted that S a long time ago actually, it looks like it may even be a mistake in printing...in my copy it's the same size as the S in swarm and it's on the same line, just at the very left of the page. Or it may be something. If I had to guess I would say that nothing in this book is accidental but you just never know! Mistakes can happen.

Shannon,

I think there are way too many questions on this page with not enough answers. I see where you come up with caves, but the "v" you see, which is the "c" I see, follows the patterns of all the "i" references on the page. That, and the fact that the "c" I'm using in faces is printed normal instead of in reverse, so I question my solution.

I also agree with you on the word "the" on the bottom line. The "h" would have to be lowercase, so that may be incorrect. Mr. Stadther seems to be precise with his coding. A good example is on page 31 with the fairies forming letters. Each set of fairies are doing the same exact thing for each like letter.

When it's all said and done, it probably does say "With names in hand the fairies know," but I'm going to work on this a little more in the next few days to see if something else besides the fairies know.

I'll post when I find something.

Thanks for your reply!
    Bob

I keep looking and looking at this page. Why is there no artist signature on this page? Anyway, even though it does look like caves, the rest of the letters don't look like anything else but "thef" so I guess it must be "faries" which is a weird way of spelling it. Is the missing I (or could it be a missing E?) significant? Does every line of the poem have one nary (missing OR extra) letter somewhere? I tried some ideas with the letter I and those lovely dots but didn't get anywhere.

Shannon

lindenmi is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    lindenmi is on a distinguished road

Default No faeries

I don't see "faeries" no matter how hard I try. I see "FACeS" the e's are small case so maybe the "h" is too in "the".
    I get with name in hand but I also see an extra h and d down the right side.

+ Reply to Thread