+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is that an "a"?

moscow32 is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    moscow32 will become famous soon enough

Default Is that an "a"?

I'm not sure if I'm seeing things or not. Could someone corroborate?

In the T drop cap on this page, I very clearly see a lower-case a on the topmost thistle.

As I was reading the thread about the S on page 66, I thought I should investigate other drop caps, and spotted this one.

Any ideas?

Cheryl E is offline Junior Twelever Copper Cheryl E is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Lowercase a

I see it but don't know how it ties in.

feniangirl is offline Junior Twelever Bronze feniangirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, it's definitely an a. There are several letters like that in different pictures. I can't tell you what they are at the moment, as I have soooooo many lists of things, it would take me forever to locate that one. I do remember there is an "s" in the bottom left corner of the box with the dropcap. But there are others, too.

I believe that clues such as this may well come into play, once other parts of the particular puzzle are resolved. I'd better start filing my lists by the Dewy Decimal System, so can locate them when I do need them.

gnixon is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper gnixon is an unknown quantity at this point

The "S" is upper case, and is just a few pages prior, on page 66. Look in the lower left-hand corner of the "T" box... it's there.

G.

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

I have looked but not seen the "a"....is it in the blossom or the base of the thistle? And you say it is on the topmost thistle INSIDE the dropcap right ? Maybe a backwards "a"? Otherwise....

help
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

moscow32 is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Sapphire
    moscow32 will become famous soon enough

Hunny-

The "a" I am seeing is what someone once called a "typewriter a". I see it in the green part of the thistle head that is right on the T in the drop cap. I think it might have something to do with the placement of letters theory that Doc is working on.

moscow

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

I found it. Had to look at it that "different way".....

"When you created the book, you also created us."

d0a0b is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper d0a0b is an unknown quantity at this point

the letter i see is an uppercase "J" it only becomes a lowercase "a" when you include the red shaded in portion.

shan24 is offline Junior Twelever Copper shan24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default other letters...

I see the lower case "a" plain as day. So I looked at the other thistles and, going clockwise, I see "a", "N", "d", "o" (kinda looks like a Q.. hmmm!), u maybe? and either a "B" or a small "m".

for whatever it's worth...but if that small "a" is there then those other squigglies in the thistles look like letters too.

Shannon

blendedfamily is offline Needs to say Hello! blendedfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

I see it as plain as day, but if you turn the book upside down it becomes an e. The Ts and Es are a big part of the block page on page 63. So maybe this is telling us to turn the book upside down to view the blocks? Or perhaps to use the green Es but there are only 2 green E's on the block page other than the one in the word THE in drop box.

+ Reply to Thread