+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Matching Grid on another page

Huddy911 is offline Junior Twelever Copper Huddy911 is an unknown quantity at this point

I do see a green square or circle inside the black box but for the life of me cant see any letters. A T G R A N??? they must be really small letters eh? Time to upgrade my magnifying glass! My tool kit just gets larger and larger.

PHENOM is offline Needs to say Hello! PHENOM is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you guys are imagining things. I see a green box, but there are NO letters!!

MoonDancer is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper MoonDancer is an unknown quantity at this point

I've held both my books (hardback and paperback) up to the light, scanned the page in Photoshop, and used a magnifying glass... I see no "M E" in the knothole. Only a differently shaded square is visible. I think we're looking too hard at this one.

Gandolf is offline Needs to say Hello! Gandolf is an unknown quantity at this point

I have looked with magnifying glass, filters, in mirrors, etc. and still cannot make out what letter there is in the knothole on p. 16, can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

ariana is offline Needs to say Hello! ariana is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, no FIND PAIR, cause I missed the W - FIND WRAP/WARP comes closer. Should think first before writing.

feniangirl is offline Junior Twelever Bronze feniangirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ariana
    The blanks on the 5x5 grid spell out FIND PAR, or, if you cross words, FIND PAIR.
    Could you elaborate about how you reached this decision? I'm not discounting it, I'm more interested in the process used to get there.
    Thanks.

dmwynn is offline Needs to say Hello! dmwynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Black Squares in 5X5 grid

If you fill the grid with the alphabet (exclude Q)

1 2 3 4 5
    1 A B C D E
    2 F G H I J
    3 K L M N O
    4 P R S T U
    5 V W X Y Z

The black squares are . . A B D I J P R S

As a cryptogram @ www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/cryptogram/ ...

The letters become . . C H I L D R E N

I suspect the black squares have some significance . . . but not yet sure what ? ? ?

doublecross is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze doublecross is an unknown quantity at this point

ABDIJPRS could be a substitution cryptogram for ANY eight letter word with no repeated letters.

gabi is offline Master Twelever TwelevePlus
    Ruby
    gabi will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by doublecross
    ABDIJPRS could be a substitution cryptogram for ANY eight letter word with no repeated letters. Actually, Kentucky is the only state that has this feature.
    I agree that it could give you any eight letter word with no repeated letters, but Kentucky has two "k". I just checked and I haven't been able to find any state that would work. Sorry!

gabi

doublecross is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze doublecross is an unknown quantity at this point

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast