+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Matching Grid on another page

Dylan is offline Needs to say Hello! Dylan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out curiosity, has anyone tried to make a cutout template by removing the black squares and looking through the holes at the text?
    From 3 urns 2 12 bugs.

zbeeble42 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze zbeeble42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default looking into the knothole.

I've also been unable to see much in the knotholes, however, I did have two things to add.

First, we're seeing a green square. One of the blacked out squares in Page 86, which seems to link to the grid on page 16 is a green square.

Second, MS said we could find the Jewels JUST LIKE ZAC did. Zac's dream was of a bright light illuminating the forst, showing him things he couldn't see before. Allowing him to see the forest in a new way. Now we're seeing something in a knothole of a tree by shining a bright light...

I'm not so quick to ignore a literal interpretation whan all our digging is finds circular repetition.

ZB42

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm...well what I see is this:
    Anyone who can read can discover the exact location of each treasure -- just the way one of the characters does in the story.
    It is written that way by MS in the Foreword.
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bi...ters&x=17&y=11

Main Entry: 1char·ac·ter
    Pronunciation: 'kar-ik-t&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English caracter, from Middle French caractère, from Latin character mark, distinctive quality, from Greek charaktEr, from charassein to scratch, engrave; perhaps akin to Lithuanian zerti to scratch
    1 a : a conventionalized graphic device placed on an object as an indication of ownership, origin, or relationship b : a graphic symbol (as a hieroglyph or alphabet letter) used in writing or printing c : a magical or astrological emblem d : ALPHABET e (1) : WRITING, PRINTING (2) : style of writing or printing (3) : CIPHER f : a symbol (as a letter or number) that represents information; also : a representation of such a character that may be accepted by a computer
    2 a : one of the attributes or features that make up and distinguish an individual b (1) : a feature used to separate distinguishable things into categories; also : a group or kind so separated <advertising of a very primitive character> (2) : the detectable expression of the action of a gene or group of genes (3) : the aggregate of distinctive qualities characteristic of a breed, strain, or type <a wine of great character> c : the complex of mental and ethical traits marking and often individualizing a person, group, or nation d : main or essential nature especially as strongly marked and serving to distinguish <excess sewage gradually changed the character of the lake>
    3 : POSITION, CAPACITY <his character as a town official>
    4 : REFERENCE 4b
    5 : REPUTATION
    6 : moral excellence and firmness <a man of sound character>
    7 a : a person marked by notable or conspicuous traits <quite a character> b : one of the persons of a drama or novel c : the personality or part which an actor recreates d : characterization especially in drama or fiction e : PERSON, INDIVIDUAL <some character just stole her purse>
    8 : a short literary sketch of the qualities of a social type
    synonym see DISPOSITION, QUALITY, TYPE
    - char·ac·ter·less /-l&s/ adjective
    - in character : in accord with a person's usual qualities or traits
    - out of character : not in accord with a person's usual qualities or traits

Main Entry: 2character
    Function: transitive verb
    1 archaic : ENGRAVE, INSCRIBE
    2 a archaic : REPRESENT, PORTRAY b : CHARACTERIZE

The Snail jewel has an engraved JEPOSE on it.

Again,,, the theme I'm working on, where the Actors play Characters in a Play.
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

whisper is offline Twelever Silver whisper is an unknown quantity at this point

don't forget MS said just like one of the "characters" in the story did. Rusful knew how to find the jewels too when he found the sock.

whisper

Patsicakes is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze Patsicakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Whisper, but MS put the "dream" in the story to emphasize that he means Zac when he says "just like one of the Characters in the story".

Zac found the jewels by putting some things in the box and that is what MS wants us to do. Solve the box puzzle.

haf
    haf is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    haf is an unknown quantity at this point

I still think this is a Grille Cipher. Fill the box with letters, cut out the black squares from a template, and see what the spaces reveal. The move the grill 90 degrees and do it again.

Just a thought but maybe the letters that Hunny identified in the other post somehow fill the grid.

Jut a thought

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

CRACKING UP. I just posted not 2 seconds ago.....

"I was hoping it was something simple like a "turning grille cipher".

btw...zbeeble is applying the Golden Rule of Interpretation every Bible student learns.

"When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.”
    Just throwin' that one in for free.

haf
    haf is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    haf is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe this is posted somewhere else but I thought I would bring it up here. Doc seems to agree in his latest posting under new ideas.

I think the 5x5 figure is a Grille cipher. Afetr your cut out and see what the letters are revealed, then you turn the grille 90 degrees and get those letters...end so on...and son on...until you have done a complete rotation.

If you use the standard A-Z 5x5 grid grid excluding Q, then you get:

A B D I J P R S
    E J O T Y B G Z
    Z Y W R P J I H
    Y P F G B Y T N

I'll leave it to you to anagram, but I dont think this is the solution.

The grid has to be filled according to the colors- so I think A-Z minus Q are used, but filled in a very specific sequence. I have a theory to that, but I would be interested in hearing others viewpoints.

Most of the Grille ciphers are done this way- a jumbled grid of alphabet letters that using the right grille will decode the message.

What do you think?

Haf

I mentioned earlier that I thought it would be a good idea to try a grille cipher .....and also thought about the "turning grille cipher" possibility.....HOWEVER.....

So fine,,, I make my template....allright.... making a template was the easy part ... HOWEVER....

.... after I made my template....I didn't know where to start.

So where exactly did you start to get your letters ?

I just ended up with words or parts of words as I scanned the Dream page....you say you got "single letters"....????

I would be very interested in more specifics. Many Thanks.

Hunnytree

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast