+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Great Forest

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

I had another "moment". I read the sentence where MS uses the word "strands" again,,,,and noticed something I hadn't noticed before.

In essence, he defines how he is going to use the word himself WITHIN the same sentence.
    He dreamt of trees standing side by side within a mist and rising from the mist, in the center of the strands of trees, was the face of his wife.
    Yes, I agree MS is using this symbolism to describe Ana in her prison of willow.
    Her prison appears like "strands of trees, trees standing - side by side".
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

haf
    haf is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    haf is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohhhhh.....smack! (Hitting head with hand)

As Homer would say..."Doah!"

Haf

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, I admit to NEVER watching The Simpsons. So does "DOAH !" mean the same thing as "DUHHHH !"
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

spiderman is offline Kidnapped... and all I got was this stupid user title. TwelevePlus
    Benitoite
    spiderman will become famous soon enough

If you look in the background of many of the pictures, you will see a strand (?) of trees. Most of the time they echo the grass in the foreground of the pictures. There's an HLV, etc... perhaps we are supposed to notice them more than we have. They're on hillsides among others. The figures are consistent among pages, not unlike the dandelion formations.

jurzeyfresh is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze jurzeyfresh is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologize for being nitpicky and off-topic but thats how i am...

Homer Simpson's catchphrase is Doh! not Doah!... there is no a involved. I have checked the title for every episode and there is never an a.

Thanks.

Chris (turbogeek for knowing too much about the Simpsons and caring)

Ladybug is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Ladybug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnytree
    About as odd as a "bumpy round gourd for sale from a dubious grocer."

or

" ...he will find them for me, and bring them to me, and put them in my hands."

On the other hand, one could say that MS used the word "strands" because it fit the way the willow was woven together holding Ana captive.
    Funny Rusful would say "and put them in my hands", when he only stuck one hand out from the grotto.
    I found my Treasure, now YOU find yours.

Salkns is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    Salkns is an unknown quantity at this point

What if "There they stand five to a side" and "Ten of them near the overlook" were both refering to trees?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2