+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Berries

lindenmi is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    lindenmi is on a distinguished road

Default The Berries

No one has mentioned the berries. they seem to have a pattern to them. I tried jotting it down like this; the "I" has 2 above and 2 below so I was thinking a small grid and I goes in 2,2; then the "D" 3,2 if you use the berries twice since the ones on top are so far up I thought why not the ones under it are about the same distance. I did this for all the letters with berries but I got some doubles. I did get nyc in the same corner of the grid though. Any one else get something from this?

LoneSword is offline Needs to say Hello! LoneSword is an unknown quantity at this point

can somebody tell me how they see the state abbreviations on page 10? cause i can NOT find them...no matter how hard they look.

dubulup is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze dubulup is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: The Berries

Quote Originally Posted by lindenmi
    No one has mentioned the berries. they seem to have a pattern to them. I tried jotting it down like this; the "I" has 2 above and 2 below so I was thinking a small grid and I goes in 2,2; then the "D" 3,2 if you use the berries twice since the ones on top are so far up I thought why not the ones under it are about the same distance. I did this for all the letters with berries but I got some doubles. I did get nyc in the same corner of the grid though. Any one else get something from this?
    I made braille out of them and came across this...

[qoute="XYXX XYYX"]With his wife he also planted new trees along Xxxx Xxxxxx to replace those originally planted by the Yyyyyyy and destroyed by bombings and bombardment.[/quote]

dubulup is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze dubulup is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: The Berries

Quote Originally Posted by lindenmi
    I made braille out of them and came across this...

"With his wife he also planted new trees along Xxxx Xxxxxx to replace those originally planted by the Yyyyyyy and destroyed by bombings and bombardment."

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

You got that from turning the berries into the braille?

ampthill is offline Needs to say Hello! ampthill is an unknown quantity at this point

I did a google search on that sentence and found a web site with this quote:

The final line on the plaque was suggested by Jack Goad, son of J.C. Goad on the plaque, who was one of the first officials to return to Kavieng after the war and appreciated what the people had been through. With his wife he also planted new trees along Nusa Parade to replace those originally planted by the Germans and destroyed by bombings and bombardment.

I have no clue what it means though.
    In haste to chase jack hare jumps dog

peterc is offline Needs to say Hello! peterc is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Expanding on the Braille derived quote

Hello everyone, I am a total noob to this, but here's what I came up with based on the quote mentioned above:

The two names (marked by the XXYYXX) in the quote are :
    1. Nusa Parade
    2. Germans

When I Googled for NUSA and Parade I found after some digging a Neighbourhood USA (NUSA) organization that holds a parade this year in the city of Pasadena, CA.

The parade is held in a park in Pasadena, but a search for parks in that city reveals a number of them (http://www.cityofpasadena.net/humans...cilities.asp#2).

However, one of the parks is called Victory Park, which would connect nicely to the Germans above (as in Victory over Germans in WWII).

So the location could be Victory Park, Pasadena, CA. Not sure though where in the park as I am still waiting for the delivery of my book !!!

Perhaps I am waaaay out on this, but I thought I'd share my $0.02 and see what you guys think.

Thanks,
    PeterC

danaltg is offline Needs to say Hello! danaltg is an unknown quantity at this point

Did any one ever think about "EYE CAN SEE" and"HIDDEN "or the other word on the top right that i cant figure out just sain

diane2hunt is offline Needs to say Hello! diane2hunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Default page 10

"Hiden Well No Eye can see"

+ Reply to Thread