+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two new trains of thought on 'Pointing fairy' and 'mates'

tree_painter is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze tree_painter is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Two new trains of thought on 'Pointing fairy' and 'mates'

I posted this on ATT Forum and am posting it here to get your perspective on this line of thought. Sooo Sooorrry for the length of this post, lo siento.

Hi,

I just wanted to post this to get some new perspective on the pink #'s the kootenstoopit is pointing to in the front of the book. NOW, before everyone starts posting the answer, I already know it, but have another thought on its signifigance.

I know "Hint: Tackle Repositorys", is considered a non-book clue. However, when it was solved MS yielded and acknowledged that the solution originally posted on the forums was correct and that Pook was indeed the 13th jewel.

However he has yet to acknowledge that the posted solution to the number line in front of book is correct.

I know he has said that he will not comment on the pictures and hidden messages within them in the book..yet, but I wonder if that is because we still haven't solved everything they contain and because we haven't solved the multiple meanings the #'s on page 2 could possibly have as well.

Some of us thought the fairies spelling letters on pg. 32 was all there was to that page and then found (thanks to hard work of others) that there was also morse code (more than 1 use for the page!), and on pg. 63 there is more than 1 use to find the hidden messages.

I think he layered every clue with multiple uses and methods, so even when we find a clue we have to find the next stage of that clue (w/different method), and so on, until we find the one clue that will lead us to the location of the tokens. If this happens in this order, then he will obviously have to comment because a token will be found.

If this is the case, I would like to explore other uses for the # line. The fact that the #'S are the same color as "to helen", has been touched upon but not explored further.

Here is my contribution on this:

"with name in hand the fairies know, and they will show you where to go" -->

"to helen" -- Name in hand, "..the fairies know, and they will show you where to go" -- kootenstoopit showing us pink #'s, like pink "to helen", is showing us where to go with the pink #'s and pink "to helen".

I am currently working on how it could relate and will post my progress on this thread.

Please, share your thoughts with me.

veritas

Mon Mar 28, 2005 - 02:37 (in reply to: birdmichael on Mon Mar 26, 2005 - 14:51)

Here is my progress so far:

I have come up with the idea that finding the "mates" to each character in the story does not stop there. I think it applies to the fairies as well. There is a "mate" to the pointing fairy in the beginning of the book, and to each thereafter. Yorah would have a mate to be found, for that matter, every creature in the forest would have a mate, even the tree pics. (sorry if I sound like I'm dribbling on).

On this idea I posted:

I think he layered every clue with multiple uses and methods (simple methods), so even when we find a clue we have to find the next stage of that clue (w/different method), and so on, until we find the one clue that will lead us to the location of the tokens. If this happens in this order, then he will comment because a token will be found.

Following this train of thought, then each clue will also have a "mate" I think.

With the proper pairings, in the right order, we can probably get on the right track.

This is sort of a whacky idea as well, but here it goes:

What if there was a token and prize for each character that has a mate, and MS has just not announced it yet. 26 tokens or more! That would be fun!

veritas
    I am also sorry if this has already been explored, I'm a newbie to twelever so please forgive me if this is the case.
    "So was I once myself a swinger of birches.
    And so I dream of going back to be.
    ..One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
    "
    --Robert Frost

GapGuy is offline Junior Twelever Bronze GapGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Default 26 tokens

re: the 26 tokens. I thought about this too _but_ the grasshopper, snail and ladybug seem to be one-of-a-kind
    If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning.

+ Reply to Thread