+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My interpretation of the pink #’s on page 2

whisper is offline Twelever Silver whisper is an unknown quantity at this point

i really like your findings Mack
    i'd been thinking of the periodic table, and there's a thread here talking about the song that stays in your head
    but couldn't it also just be the alphabet song?
    isn't that the same tune as twinkle twinkle little star?
    tho i do like twinkle twinkle little star better, because of the other references
    yours just might be a post for fame

whisper

sk8tingmom is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sk8tingmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the singing wood wagon with the alphabet blocks.

Can anyone think of a reason why the fairies in the nomenclature are displaying an Acorn, a Button and a Cracker or Crumms?

whisper is offline Twelever Silver whisper is an unknown quantity at this point

Mack,
    rdshacklford mentions in the p. 38/39 thread that frances bacon did experiments with mercury(something to do with the YNOF and the companion book)
    the letters for mercury are hg
    i think

whisper

Mack is offline Needs to say Hello! Mack is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: My interpretation of the pink #’s on page 2

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunting

Come on Mack, you didnt need these numbers if all you were going to do was anagram the first 15 elements of the periodic table...... This theory might hold more water than an eyedropper if you were using numbers other than just 1 to 15.

AND>> anagrams are not anagrams when you have letters left over, they are "banana-grams" (eat the meat and discard the extra peel)
    I never said that my solution was a 100%, and yes those extra letters do bother me. But then again some of these other solutions for puzzles do tend to leave a lot of extra characters around. (i.e page 63 with extra letters with the toy blocks) Had he put in a 66 in that series of numbers then I would of felt very comfortable with the solution, 66 being (dy)sprosium. I'm just showing that you shouldn't take a given solution (i.e. Save our Trees art) as a final answer. Those numbers are important for some reason. They shouldn't be easily dismissed. I'm just trying to open additional idea's to solutions. The fact that the same fairly I believe is pointing to a D and Y seems to certianly fit nicely. But if I had 100% confirmers then we really wouldn't be discussing this..

Try anagramming with the words "to helen" included with the pink #'s. I'm sure people are thinking of the periodic table a lot more now since I've posted. Rusful being the Alchemist he is. I don't see why the periodic table shouldn't be used, in one of these puzzles. And the periodic table is no way special knowledge, that's stuff that's taught in Jr. High, and sitting in classrooms. You only need to look at it. Transmute Lead into Gold? Come on people!!! Try transmuting a few things yourself. Dare I say Experiment?

None of this maybe correct, but it sure fits nicely into the story, and Mr. Stadthers backgrounds in Music, Chess, Art and Science etc..

Just trying to take a different approach, but I think solutions like this would be something simple that even a child could do. "It's not Rocket Science.." -- Mack
    "It is a common experience that a problem diffcult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it. "
    -- John Steinbeck --

Mack is offline Needs to say Hello! Mack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by whisper
    i really like your findings Mack
    i'd been thinking of the periodic table, and there's a thread here talking about the song that stays in your head
    but couldn't it also just be the alphabet song?
    isn't that the same tune as twinkle twinkle little star?
    tho i do like twinkle twinkle little star better, because of the other references
    yours just might be a post for fame

whisper
    The Alphabet song and Twinkle Twinkle little star are the same Melody...
    But a lot of people never take the time to think about that, and realized it. Because it just ingrained into us...
    "It is a common experience that a problem diffcult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it. "
    -- John Steinbeck --

sk8tingmom is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sk8tingmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a crazy anagram.

Transmute lead into gold = I turn dead logs to metal.

Terabithian is offline Junior Twelever Copper Terabithian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there.

What I don't like about this idea is that you had a few letters left over. Within the art of anagramming, this simply isn't allowed. So no matter how cool this is, (and it is!!), it doesn't work.

I liked the Poe reference. I doubt highly that outside knowledge like that would have to be brought into play, but if it is....well geez that's a great connection.

Your absolutely right about anagrams. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Your right, I left the letter N out. I suppose it could read turns dead log into metal.

I also like the Poe reference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2