+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: could this be musical notes?

happyhunting is offline Junior Twelever Copper happyhunting is an unknown quantity at this point

Default could this be musical notes?

I am not musical, nor do I read music, but I had a thought..... this seven dot code could be the same as the seven line sheet music.

Playing all the black notes, lets say, could reveal a song, the lyrics to which would be a clue.....

Are there any musicians out there?

"I left my heart in San Francisco" maybe??
    I hope it's not "the itsy bitsy spider, went up the water spout"

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

what instrument has a seven line staff?

I play piano, but that's only five.

Nique is offline Junior Twelever Copper Nique is an unknown quantity at this point

seven different notes of a scale perhaps? only relation to music I can see

happyhunting is offline Junior Twelever Copper happyhunting is an unknown quantity at this point

do-re-me-fa-so-la-ti-do

could be one note per division.

Also possible that the 5 lines are the five rows in the celtic knot, with row 2 and 4 indicating a note connected to another note.

Like I said, I have little knowledge of sheet music, but I know there are some smart people out there that will take this suggestion and be able to work with it.

I have already tried morse code, octal, binary, hexadecimal, and Heinekein. Now I am working on this as a beale cypher.

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the first and last note of the scale are the same-- cdefgabc (well that's if you started on c.) A different scale would have sharps and flats, and wouldn't really correlate to a letter. I can't quite see how it would relate, but maybe someone else can? That, and there aren't a lot of different letters.

Now with a staff you get EGDBF and FACE, but again, it's the same letters, not a lot of combos. Logically, to make a huge code like that and limit the letters so much seems like a waste. Though it would make it easier to figure out because your letters are limited. But again, I can't see where the two connect.

Can someone else?

i realise that the notes only allow one to use the letters a to g.... I can get that just assigning a letter to each color.
    What I was thinking, was that the notes would reveal a melody, which had specific LYRICS.... which would be a clue

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by cabunk
    Well, the first and last note of the scale are the same-- cdefgabc (well that's if you started on c.) A different scale would have sharps and flats, and wouldn't really correlate to a letter. I can't quite see how it would relate, but maybe someone else can? That, and there aren't a lot of different letters.

Now with a staff you get EGDBF and FACE, but again, it's the same letters, not a lot of combos. Logically, to make a huge code like that and limit the letters so much seems like a waste. Though it would make it easier to figure out because your letters are limited. But again, I can't see where the two connect.

Can someone else?
    Maybe we need a music major, but I thought the notes were FACE and EGBDF (Every Good Boy Does Fine) order may make a difference?
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

Sorry, I typed dyslexic for a moment. It is EGBDF.

nodon is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    nodon will become famous soon enough

FACE are the open spaces in the music staff. EGBDF are the lines in the staff. Think of 1st line (E), 1st space (F), 2nd line (G), 2nd space (A)...

packimocity is offline Good Twelever TwelevePlus
    Aquamarine
    packimocity will become famous soon enough

Default Re: could this be musical notes?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunting
    I am not musical, nor do I read music, but I had a thought..... this seven dot code could be the same as the seven line sheet music.

I just found this thread...what seven-dot pattern do you refer to?

Playing all the black notes, lets say, could reveal a song, the lyrics to which would be a clue.....

Are there any musicians out there?
    I am a musician and have some musical ideas...please point me to the possible "notes" and I'll tell you if there is anything there

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast