+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Description of the Darklings

nini60 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze nini60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Description of the Darklings

If this is posted elsewhere...my apologies.
    Everytime I reread this on page 26- "We know these vile, destructive, shadow lurking dark faires spoil food, spread plague and carry infecton."-Does this mean they are bacteria? Could it be narrowed down to a more specific type?

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

Humm, probably not.
    Plague is "yersinia or pasturella pestis." Many bacteria spoil food (e.coli, salmonella, camphlobacters) and loads of bacteria cause infection.

However, the rat is the carrier of the flea that carries plague bacteria, and it can also ruin food. The darklings also look rat-like, sorta. But rats don't fly, so maybe it's bats... fits with the cave descriptions.

Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

sa6race is offline Junior Twelever Bronze sa6race is an unknown quantity at this point

nini60: I posted the same thought here:
    http://www.tweleve.org/forum/viewtop...light=bacteria
    but I got little response. I still think it might mean something though.

nini60 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze nini60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I thought I had looked carefully. Easier to lurk
    I think it means something too. Maybe just one of the little pieces that lead to the big puzzle "cracking".

renart is offline Twelever Silver renart is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I was going to write about the inconsistency of the Darklings' wings blackening the tree when they picked up Ana, but didn't blacken her. Guess that's for p. 77.
    As for the description, the pictures of the Darlings do kinda look like they have lesions consistent with bubonic plague but more with leprosy. And what do they get out of all this? Rusful gets the jewels. Do they just enjoy being evil?
    Has anyone anagrammed the phrase?
    Chris
    Startin' to have a love/hate relationship with ATT

I assumed the Darklings did it because they're addicted to the dust. Though I find it hard to believe that might be one of the few things I haven't anagrammed ! I don't have my book in front of me, but now I'm wondering what became of them in the end? What happened to them when Rusful was destroyed? I don't remember reading about them after that.

Sandy

+ Reply to Thread