+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kootenstoopits and Pickensrooters

zbeeble42 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze zbeeble42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Kootenstoopits and Pickensrooters

I'm new to the forum, but I think this may be new stuff, for what it's worth.

The name of the book is Ye Nomenclature of Faeries, or in english (approximately) The Name of Fairies. I can't believe this is inisgnificant. I met Michael in Danbury last weekend. The man is nothing if not careful and deliberate. Kootenstoopits and Pickensrooters are, to my knowledge made up and oddly constructed at that.

Taking these two oddly named faires, I've found the following:

Each contains 14 letters.
    Each contains the words Token(s) OR Pook. (The K is shared)

Assuming this has been done hundreds of times so far by the forum, I starting thinking outside the box, so to speak. I crossed out the letters of the words in common, one at a time (TOKEN(S) / POOK), and combined the remaining letters. This left, is the case of TOKEN(S):

o(s)toopitspic(s)roers

I ran them through various programs but came up with little besides a plethora of interesting, yet deadend words.

anybody care to take this any farther?

rachelg is offline Junior Twelever Bronze rachelg is an unknown quantity at this point

I got "A secret Pook token is in Toronto SP" when I put them together with the word "and" (with extra DS).

Rachel

pook4me is offline Needs to say Hello! pook4me is an unknown quantity at this point

I got this out of "Kootenstoopits Pickensrooter Flower Faeries": "Pook is in Cook Forest SP see lot near fire tower". A map of Fire Tower Road in the park matched up respectibly to the picture of Pook on p62 if you turn p62 upside down and follow the dark line between the sheets to Pook's ear, then to his paw, and then follow the thin line under Pook's chin. A State Route 322 runs south of the park. This was enough to send my family looking. Although this park is in PA we figured if any token was in a repeat state it would be Pook. When we got there, the trail from the parking lot to the fire tower had two trail blaze marks on it- one light blue and one yellow-the color of Pook's wings. Alas, we searched every reasonable knothole we could find without finding any Pook token. It was a great adventure though.

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

That's probably the first real looking solve I've seen for Pook. Don't discount that park...others have searched the correct parks before a token was found, only to miss them. If you aren't far from there...I'd try again!

Good luck!!

SilverWA is offline Junior Twelever Bronze SilverWA is an unknown quantity at this point

Pook4me,

If you are close to that park...go back!

Since a swarm will be decending on Cook SP already, would you mind sharing how you arrived at this potential solution?

oldman is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper oldman is an unknown quantity at this point

You've got a "t" left over.
    Adding an s to Pickensooter(s)
    And pulling a "p" out of thin air.....
    Pook is in Cook Forest SP steel post near fire tower[/b]

elady is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze elady is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW:
    I anagramed "kootenstoopits and pickensrooters" and got:
    REST POINTS POOKS TOKEN COORIDINATES
    I had assumed this to mean that we need to use all of the unused clues to locate Pook.

pook4me is offline Needs to say Hello! pook4me is an unknown quantity at this point

SilverWA: Tried to anagram "Kootenstoopits" and "Pickensrooter" for some time since they look like they should anagram to something about Pook. Then saw where someone also used "Flower Faeries" based on the three names of fairies in YNOF and they had pulled out the word "forest" in their solve. As a lark, searched the web for "forest state park" and came up with Cook Forest. Went to the Cook Forest web site, its home page had a link to geocache treasure hunting in the park. Intrigued that it was a treasure hunters park, took the words "Pook is in Cook Forest SP" out of the mix. Upon looking at the remaining letters and a map of the park trails, "fire tower" fell out and then the rest. Proximity to state route 322 came about after looking the park up on a US map. Too many coincidences not to check it out while so many others were headed to Washington DC!

Oldman: I don't think there is a "t" left over, but you are right about the "s"on Pickensrooter(s). I like your solve. Did look over the fire tower frame while there after checking knotholes twice.

The park and surrounding area was really nice-would be a great place for Pook.

ronaldo9 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper ronaldo9 is an unknown quantity at this point

pook4me: There was a "t" left over. However, the firefly even had a misspelled word in its solve.

+ Reply to Thread