+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ye Nomenclature of Faeries- "The Rules" and "

balderdash is offline Junior Twelever Copper balderdash is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Anomaly on left edge of YNOF cover

Quote Originally Posted by Spiggan
    There must be something important about this cover. Anyone else notice this: the left edge of the nomenclature book spine is not drawn in a straight razor edge up and down as you would expect, but it has some weird protruberances, distinct bumps on it, three them that I can see. Examine closely and you'll see how the leather-looking material of the spine extends slightly into the green of the surrounding thistle stems and leaves in three places. You don't notice this unless you really look, but once you see it it's really distinct. One of the spine's "bumps" is to the left of the "N" in Nomenclature". The other two are closer to the bottom, one butting into that thistle flower there, the other adjoining a thistle stem near the bottom.

Definitely not something the artist would draw there by accident. This 3-D text--maybe some of the letters of the text extend out on these bumps, balderdash?
    I did not notice that before. In 3D mode I can see "THE FAIRY IS POINTING LEFT LOOK RIGHT" on both the top and bottom starting at the left edge of the anomaly.

monkeygirlhannah is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    monkeygirlhannah is an unknown quantity at this point

omygosh, Balderdash!

I just saw the word "LEFT" but then it disappeared. Wow! You were right. There is something there.

I've been working at this page for several days straight now, using the magnifying glass as you suggested, and finally tonight it just started to "come in to focus" for me. I can't explain it. It's just weird. Kinda creepy, actually.

Way back in June my dad looked at this page once and right away recognized that it was a stereogram. When he held the book sideways (fairy facing down) he said he could see "three books" and one of them had a "creature" on it. I was never able to "see" it so I gave up.

I'll keep working on it now and see what else "comes in to focus"... although, now that the 12 main tokens have been found, I am not sure what more this stereogram could avail us. Anyway, thanks for sharing your wisdom. I'll let you know if I find anything too.

-MGH

spiggan is offline Good Twelever Platinum spiggan is an unknown quantity at this point

When I looked through the magnifying glass I found out that there are just two "bumps" in the spine, not three. One close to top, one close to bottom. Many old books in general do have little horizontal ridges across their leather-bound spines, maybe these bumps represent those ridges.

Anyway I will try again to see the writing. I haven't been able to see any writing so far. Maybe I just need to stare at it a long time.

I looked at the right edge of the cover, and you can see that the dark line on that edge is actually the shadow the book makes. Also the dark line on the bottom is the book's shadow. You can even see the shadow that the lock makes. This is also weird. It's a straight line on the right edge of the book, but there are some distinct little notches along the shadow line. (You can only see them with the magnifying glass but they're distinct). It's as if this is a hint that maybe you're supposed to shine a light on the cover here (because there is the shadow in the picture).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3