+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Jewelry Box

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the additional detail, LadyLove.

Couple of questions.

1. When you divided up Twel(e)ve....what did you do? Keep the 'e' or toss it ?

2. What did you do with "On(e) piece nary." Keep the 'e' or toss it?

3. What did you do with "Fa(e)ries". Keep the 'e' or toss it?

4. Did you use "Near the Overlook"?

5. Did you use "Find the Trees Hole"?

6. Did you use (*I assume you did*) "There are thirteen."
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

Lady Love is offline Junior Twelever Copper Lady Love is an unknown quantity at this point

1. When you divided up Twel(e)ve....what did you do? Keep the 'e' or toss it ?
    kept the E

2. What did you do with "On(e) piece nary." Keep the 'e' or toss it?
    Kept the E

3. What did you do with "Fa(e)ries". Keep the 'e' or toss it?
    Kept the E

4. Did you use "Near the Overlook"?
    No

5. Did you use "Find the Trees Hole"?
    No

6. Did you use (*I assume you did*) "There are thirteen."
    No

The knowledge that there are thirteen comes into play when I divide up the poem by 13...
    I could be way wrong on my assumptions.
    Hope we all find one !!!

hunting grasshopper with ugfxj

perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road

LL, I'm glad you took off with the notion that the nine letters comprising 'we fit J-Box' was no fluke. You've made a huge contribution with your posts. To the idea that these 9 letters could mean anything, DoubleX wrote:

"If 'we fit j box' is a clue that was put there on purpose, I'll eat my hat"

I would suggest a nice Panama straw hat for the fiber.

PP

LL,

Here's what I am going to do:

On Chapter 3 title page, the Kootenstoopit is pointing down to the 'O' in the tree limb that contains a square spider web with a diamond. The 'O' is the 'O' in the Clue: Box 8, as shown by the twisted limbs and vines.

If you draw a diamond in your 5x5 matrix with the apex on 3,1, and nadir at 3,5, you will encompass 13 blocks. This is the jewelry box. The center square 3,3 will be empty for now (filled with Pook, later, I think).

The letters that comprise "WE FIT J-BOX" have to go in there, somehow, within the diamond (minus the X).

On page 86 the 8 black squares can be re-arranged to form a corral around the center block at 3,3.

O-O-O-O-O
    O-X-X-X-O
    O-X-E-X-O
    O-X-X-X-O
    O-O-O-O-O

I think your 8 letters go into those positions shown by the X.

If you fill in the empty squares remaining (minus the center) with the first 15 letters of the poem, you will have 24 squares filled. Then, using the grille on page 86 in the shape it is shown, you can place it over your filled 5x5. It will reveal 8 letters. Rotating the grille four times will reveal 32 letters. Adding 8 at the end (perhaps 8 letters before the Ceasar shift of -1, or the new letters that made up 'We fit J Box'), for a total of 40. I don't know exactly how it will come out, but you said you had to add or borrow a letter or two. Anyway, this is just thinking out loud. In this case you would have your B for ladybug. Another way might be to write down the 15 letters that are blocked by the grille, then rearrange them according to the sequence on page 2, for example, after making the necessary TREASURE-UGFJUCPK substitions. These are just ideas to help descramble what you are seeing from your anagrams.

PP

One more clarification--someone has recently pointed out that page 19's 3-2-2 might refer to Chapter 3, page 22 as shown in the TOC. I had thought that the BOX 8 in the tree limbs referred specifically to the spider, but as a box within the jewelry box (with your 8 letters) it makes more sense. The cobweb diamond shape within a square also has another square inside it, and finally a center square square that looks like it's supposed to be empty.

The 'start cipher key in tools' anagram indicates that the 3-2-2 indeed is pointing us to Chapter 3, page 22. 'Box 8' and the spider web configuration are the clues.

PP

Lady Love is offline Junior Twelever Copper Lady Love is an unknown quantity at this point

PP.

Got it boss.

Just kidding.

This is why I follow your posts.

Ill look at it as I have more time.
    The ones I had to borrow letters for are:
    Ladybug needed U and G
    dragonfly needed G
    Ummingbird well couldn't borrow, there is no place it pans out . In the ninth chunk I get ummingbird. It is the very sentence he says the one missing yada yadda.

butterfly needs f and y
    and grasshopper needed both p s.
    Hope we all find one !!!

OK, that's great. Almost there. I'll probably get it now with your missing letters. Got YORAH this morning in my 5x5 before falling dead asleep. Have to go back to bed.

PP

LL,

One Q--when you did your vigenere cipher with HUNT and found 'No Code X', did you use a standard vigenere cipher with 26 letters? And did you do any ceasar shifting before or after doing the v-cipher?

thx,

PP

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Love
    PP.

Got it boss.

Just kidding.

This is why I follow your posts.

Ill look at it as I have more time.
    The ones I had to borrow letters for are:
    Ladybug needed U and G
    dragonfly needed G
    Ummingbird well couldn't borrow, there is no place it pans out . In the ninth chunk I get ummingbird. It is the very sentence he says the one missing yada yadda.

butterfly needs f and y
    and grasshopper needed both p s.

Maybe you could use the H from the h from page 86, the small h laying over the grid.
    Maybe take one p from extra block on pg 63, and one p from twelepe.
    Maybe take y from the extra block on page 63.
    Maybe take f from the the fairy on page 20.
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

P.P. I E mailed you. Tell me if you received it. LL

I have created a puzzle solver that uses two pieces of velum which are sturdy and transparent. I write the letters from the poem on one, and black out the grill pattern on the other. this lets me rotate the letters around to see every angle. I am turning them clockwise. Yorah popped out at me this afternoon.
    Hope we all find one !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast