+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Jewelry Box

rghsea is offline Junior Twelever Copper rghsea is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Thanks to all

I have just started and finally have read a thread that makes sense. I haven't advanced to your level and am humbled after reading your contributions.

The only thing I can add at this point is based on my experience. I know the author grew up here in my neck of the woods so I have read the threads for links that might add up to something here.

We have a park named "overlook" here that is a public area with lots of trees. It is not far from an area where one of the last battles of the civil war took place.

When I can contribute based on understanding some ciphers I will, but it is tax season and I am a CPA so please be patient.

Other words that might be relevant should you find them relating to Mobile will be oak, Spanish, bay, fort, satsuma,etc.

Thanks again.

perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road

rghsea: nice first post. I will give you some advice. Click on my profile and read every post I ever made. Read every post made by Doc. Read every post made by Lady Love. Read every post made by Renart. Read the sub-poem by Lyricalash (with a grain of salt).

I will tell you that although my posts have always been made in good faith, I estimate in hindsight I was probably 50% wide of the mark on average. I had to fix that through trial and error. Now you do, too.

Good luck!

PP

Fenix is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Fenix is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by perchprism
    I will give you some advice. Click on my profile and read every post I ever made.
    ****Bows to perchprism while wondering if he and lady love have figured out the PM feature on this BB******

jrrag is offline Good Twelever Platinum jrrag is on a distinguished road

Given any text of sufficient length you can find whatever you want. And the fact that letters had to substituted to make it "fit" casts doubt.

My advice to the new reader above: look for elegant solutions. Beware of authoritative posts, for many times they don't know anymore than anyone else. Different theories are fun to look at, but absurdly complex ones with so little proof and tons of supposition probably aren't that fun even if they would happen to be right.

Example
    Revelations 4:1, KJV

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

anagrams exactly to:

Perchprism and Doc are onto the true secrets of A Treasure's Trove. Herein, the location which hides the beetle’s token will be gained.
    Hah! If what few did walk had avid faith! With a human’s whip, he, Gemini, widows him.

Doesn't mean thing, purely statistical, but i made it say what I wanted it to, so does that verify that the Bible tells us if we solve that riddle we find the beetle? Afterall, the Bible is pretty authoritative.

I'd also beware of anyone who tells you to read all their own posts, rather they are work of genius or not. but thats just my opinion.

I am not dismissing any theory completely, I just think the complexity created by blended layers of abstraction, rules, codes, exceptions, all put together with statistics and probability can yield whatever you want. Not to say that the solution isn't derived from all those things--maybe it is--but i have to believe the pieces will be self verifiying and clear that they are real.

rghsea is offline Junior Twelever Copper rghsea is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Okay, tax season is over.

So here goes. I noted some different colors, different shapes, etc. This is the only thread which I have made some sense but this may not be relevant. But as everyone here was so kind to post their thoughts I will share a line of thought which I am pursuing.

There has only been one type of three dimensional language which I have found, but was used primarily as an ancient way for mathematics (hmmm, an interesting thing ---a way of communicating for mathematicians, go figure).

So my first post along this line of reasoning is -------KHIPU. Ok, maybe some of the braniacs here will figure it out before me, but this CPA is now in the hunt!!!

Ted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4