+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Jewelry Box

Fenix is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Silver
    Fenix is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The Jewelry Box

This chapter is just begging someone to uncover something important. Just think, what better place to keep your jewels safe than in the jewelry box. Page 48 alone has me buzzing. The out of place wood working sentence/paragraph, the tools, and we even find "within the text you have the key" here. Could this chapter's text hold the key that unlocks the box to reveal our jewels?

fenix

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps take the list of tools and "draw them out" like a workshop would be. PG 48: The AREA where he USED to stack wood remained EMPTY.

Before him, in orderly array, woodworking tools : rasps, chisels, and planes.

On the wall behind him hung timbering tools he had'nt used in months - spoke shaves, mallets and saws.

Zac's father taught him the craft of wood working:
    (1) the SECRETS of dovetail joints, cross-lapped joints, mortise and tenon joints;
    (2) how to grind and hone a blunt chisel;
    (3) how to inlay wood and carve a relief;
    (4) how to age the varnish which could give blond maple a rich and dark sheen;
    (5) and the types of wood - cherry, elm, walnut, smooth beech, with its easy to carve pale grain, and silver birch, with its creamy white sap wood and pale brown heart wood.
    .....(the woods are maple,cherry,elm,walnut,beech,birch (that is six)

One thing important is to see that some tools he would not have used recently (the sawing, cutting down trees kinds).
    Some tools he used when he built the house, made the stairs, made the boxes, toys and puzzles for the village people.
    Some tools he uses to do detail work like inlay, carving, and some tools (like the tung oil), he would use as a finish.

I think sometimes the way in which these sentences and paragraphs are constructed, cause some puzzeling (no pun intended). If you "strip" the adjectives away and get down to the what, when, where, how and who... it may help us see at least this page clearly.

It is also important to understand when and how the tools were/are used.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated...
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

ddpepper is offline Junior Twelever Bronze ddpepper is an unknown quantity at this point

i've always thought the 'start in tools' anagram referred to this page instead of the picture - it can't be a coincidence that 'within the text you have the key' is going down the side of this page. i've been working on this page for a long time and haven't come up with anything yet - but then ciphers are something i haven't used much in my life until recently! I did notice that of the tools he listed - rasps, chisels and planes - there is not a picture of a plane on page 19. yet another 'one' we did not see!

.... and the laundry keeps piling up!

perchprism is offline Good Twelever Gold perchprism is on a distinguished road

ddpepper---there is a plane on page 19. It is in the upper right hand corner just to the left of the plumb-bob string and chisel. All you can see are the two handles you use when applying pressure to the plane, plus a bit of the metal planing surface underneath. That metal planing surface plus the outline of the leaf that crosses it form a lazy 'N"...the 'N' in the word 'Solution' ( the 'O' is the finger-hole in the larger handle).

PP

Lady Love is offline Junior Twelever Copper Lady Love is an unknown quantity at this point

http://tweleve.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=101

http://tweleve.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=270 (this one is closer)

Read my post at the end of this thread. I think the jewelry box is the poem. The poem divides nicely into thirteen parts. Thoses are the boxes for the Animals. :P :P

Perch Prism, I follow your threads, and respect your opinion on this idea.
    Hope we all find one !!!

hunting grasshopper with ugfxj

Peteybob35 is offline Junior Twelever Bronze Peteybob35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Associated with the 'tools' idea but on a different page, Rusful's tools are mentioned on p.65 when the faeries are ransacking Rusful's lair:

copper coils
    cork stoppers
    shiny glass containers

Stu
    Go then...there are other worlds than these

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Lady Love, I read your post you referred to...and I wonder if you could be more specific with your description of your process. I'm just kind of confused.

1. You took the first five letters of ? -- each line of the poem ?
    2. What do you mean by a chunk?

And, if you could describe your process in more detail and even better, give a complete detailed example with say how you did even just one, step by step, that would be great. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Debz, I think you have something there. My attention, too, was caught by the sentence:
    The area where he used to stack wood remained empty.
    and wondered what that was all about.
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

Lady Love is offline Junior Twelever Copper Lady Love is an unknown quantity at this point

I FOUND SOME TYPOS> CORRECTED THEM SORRY FOR CONFUSION from my last post. This is the edited one.

Here is the poem, I break it apart by fives. Chunk 1 is :
    hidde nwell noeye canse ebelo wskya ndabo veear//
    chunk two is:
    2.thbet reasu restw eleve foryo utoke eparo undth //
    chunk three is :
    3. estat estwe levep laces tosee knoto npriv atepr//

etc etc.
    I only mentioned the fives to show how I discovered there are thirteen chunks of forty letters each. 5 times eight letters.

If you anagram chunk one, you find the word (s) snail or bee or ladyb no u or no g. I substituted " t " from the chunk for a " u " from the wood blocks. and an "r" from the poem chunk with " g " with those letters in the wood blocks.
    T R E A S U R E is the key to match up with those letters. I might add that no "x" from the wood blocks is used because of a viginere cipher I did that used Hunt as the key word. It led me to " no code X " Please look at other posts on how to do these types of ciphers.
    T=u
    R=G
    E=F
    A=J
    S=Y
    U=C
    R=P
    E=K

I got ladybug. Other chunks do not require substitutions, and some chunks have more than one animal so it is just a process (let me tell you it was a PROCESS) of matching all the chunks with all the animals so there is a one to one correspondence.

I didn't want to substitute letters, but did so to make this work. I only had to three or four times I think. Now Im looking for city names, states, or geographical information to get me closer.
    Hope we all find one.
    Lori
    Hope we all find one !!!

hunting grasshopper with ugfxj

This is very nice work.

PP

Oh, and Lady--I do hope you find the butterfly.

{{

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast