+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Page 54

Trainor is offline Twelever Silver Trainor is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Page 54

"Naturally." "Uh-huh." "I see." were all she said. Am I correct saying that this sounds wrong? Should it be was all she said ? Shouldnt there be a comma after see?

How do we contact MS to verify errors?

Trainor

charmlady is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper charmlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Default grammer on p. 54

I think that in this case, he was giving examples of things she said at different times... if she said all of those items at once, it would say, "Yes, of course. Naturally. Uh-huh. I see" was all she said. (with only one set of quotation marks) In the case in the book, you could substitute "THESE THINGS" for all of those items and you would have "THESE THINGS WERE all she said" while if it was like I had typed above, you would substitute "THIS WAS all she said". I don't know if this makes sense, but I think the grammer is accurate. However, you were astute at picking up the awkwardness of the paragraph. There may be something to that...

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Not MS's greatest use of the King's English at this point....

,,,but I think Charm has given the correct view of the intended meaning.
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

Madeleine is offline Junior Twelever Copper Madeleine is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Yorah's Sweetie/Dearie

I wonder why Yorah uses the word "honey" (page 52) and "critters" (page 54) when it clearly states on Page 45 that she calls everyone "dearie" or "sweetie".

Could this mean anything?

skoldpadda is offline Twelever Silver skoldpadda is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Yorah's Sweetie/Dearie

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine
    I wonder why Yorah uses the word "honey" (page 52) and "critters" (page 54) when it clearly states on Page 45 that she calls everyone "dearie" or "sweetie".

Could this mean anything?
    a foolish inconsistency perhaps?
    Over 1,000 miles travelled in search of 1 token.

Tokens found: zero. (no, I don't expect I'll have to edit this)

Currently working on: Firefly, beetle.

Ziegm1 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper Ziegm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Something I noticed tonight for the first time when reading this section, was that when ladybug lands on her nose she needs to go cross eyed to see her.

Another coincidence, or a way to solve a puzzle?

als66 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper als66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another coincidence, or a way to solve a puzzle?
    After hours and hours and hours of staring at this book, I don't think we could possibly solve this any other way than cross-eyed, just by default. So just another one of those vague clues from MS.

But seriously, the part of this chapter text that stands out to me is on pg. 53 in the last paragraph: "As Ladybug and the others began to explain why they had come to Zac, it became clear--by the way Yorah gasped and trembled in shock--that all of this--the dark dust, the Blight-Spreader, the Forest Creatures he crystallized and collected--was news to her."

All of the stopping and starting and explaining is just too odd and doesn't flow at all.

+ Reply to Thread