+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Text on pg 79 is faded---is this a printing problem

outlandishfirst is offline Junior Twelever Copper outlandishfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Text on pg 79 is faded---is this a printing problem

My copy starts fading at "But Ana....", and resumes normalcy at "I know you, Rusful said." Any thoughts?

dd
    dd is offline Needs to say Hello! dd is an unknown quantity at this point

The text you cited looks normal in my copy of the book (First Edition, paperback). (Of course, it's possible that my copy has the printing error and not yours....)

outlandishfirst is offline Junior Twelever Copper outlandishfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

My copy is first ed. second printing paperback. It almost looks gray for the entire passage. Strange.

LanceC is offline Junior Twelever Bronze LanceC is an unknown quantity at this point

first edition, second printing.

I have several weak-black pages but I haven't attributed anything significant to it. It looks like a normal print run problem. I use to do pre-press work, and sometimes helped out on the presses themselves. In my opinion, it would be very difficult to intentionally print them grey without using grey ink. There's no half-tone pattern on the "grey" letters, so I think it's just evidence of poorly loaded rollers on the black run.

On a related note, I think that's why some acorns appear darker than others. Color matching on print jobs can be pretty rough. Things vary!

+ Reply to Thread