+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pg 82

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

Default pg 82

I find when I LISTEN to the Audio CD, some phrasing or another will stand out to me...and I will end up wondering and pondering over a particular few words. This set, for example:

"The jewels are hidden in the forest, where you can't find them."
    "I can't?" Rusful laughed. "No. But your husband can. If you really are precious to him, he will find them for me, and bring them to me, and put them in my hands."
    I put the words in bold that just struck me as sounding quite odd.
    "When you created the book, you also created us."

ddpepper is offline Junior Twelever Bronze ddpepper is an unknown quantity at this point

Coincidentally, I just circled that in my book last night. I agree, it's very awkward. I'm thinking possible picket fence cipher but I'm not very good at those. Any help?

findthemforme
    bringthemtome

Hunnytree is offline Good Twelever Aquamarine Hunnytree is an unknown quantity at this point

I studied various codes tonite. Others are adept. I am a novice. But all I could come up with regarding a picket fence code is that it only relates to a horizontal bar code. That just doesn't seem plausible. But then, none of them made any sense to me as pertains to this particular odd passage.

edit: I did find this for a "rail fence cipher"

http://www.math.temple.edu/~renault/...railfence.html

However, it was no help at all.

Like the man said, wherever you go, that's where you are.

Looks like we both think something is up on THIS phrase too. I'll keep tabs with you on this one, also.

debz is offline Good Twelever Gold debz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Is Zac an Elve???

Just looking for an explanation here.

pg 82:
    Ana pulled at the cage of willow branches. "I've told you. My husband doesn't know where the jewels are hidden."
    "Perhaps not. Not yet. But I know that you Elves and Halflings have a way of speaking without words. You will think where they are hidden, and he will hear your thoughts, and bring my jewels to me."

Earlier, Rusful had just said:
    pg 79: "I know you" Rusful said. "You live in that big oak tree with the woodcarver. Does he have my jewels?"

My questions: IF Rusful was human, and knew the woodcarver, would he not know that Zac was human? What other Elves is Rusful talking about? Does he think that Zac is an Elve? Should we? Could Zac be called a human by Ana and the creatures because of some of the definitions in the Nomenclature? (Flower Faeries resemble elsewise smalle Humans. Pickensrooters have Wee man-like hands)

Just things to think about!
    The only token I found was SQUAT!!!
    http://www.tweleve.org/upload/squat_token.jpg

+ Reply to Thread