+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dreamer one on ending?

cthree is offline Tweleve Monk TwelevePlus
    TWELEVE MONK
    Ruby
    cthree will become famous soon enough

I personally think that I like this solution better than anything else so far because it ties into the story. The mist totally seems like polution/CO2 burning a whole in the ozone when I read it now.

_~BlAnK is offline Twelever Gold _~BlAnK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Weren't you wondering about that noise behind you?

CO2, colorado?
    Or am I just paranoid...

*Of course*

wilhouse is offline Expert Twelever TwelevePlus
    Amethyst
    wilhouse is on a distinguished road

I think the rest of the sentence is an anagram.

"dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling"

this is too contrived to make sense as it is.

I've been working on anagrams for this; it is hard because there are so many letters.

But if you look you will see that "zip code" is in there!!

wilhouse

_~BlAnK is offline Twelever Gold _~BlAnK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Weren't you wondering about that noise behind you?

so is zac, guile, region, zone, area, undo.... and these are only some of the more relavent words we've found
    Or am I just paranoid...

*Of course*

rewand is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper rewand is an unknown quantity at this point

the entire phrase is 12 words

- avoiding the "moon like" sentance for just a moment-

"Dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling."
    Dreamer = 7 letters, one=3, on=2, ending=6, I=1, cause=5, your=4, puzzling=8

... you have the numbers 1-8, with no repetitions unless you include the 4 4 letter words (moon like, moon like) at the beginning.

I wondered if it meant to take the "Dreamer..." portion of the text and divide it into 4 letter portion to anagram (i.e. Drea= Dare/Read ... mero= more/Rome ...etc.)

Also is interesting to note that the first three words have tweleve letters in it (Dreamer one on), the second three words have tweleve letters (ending I cause) and the last two words have twelve letters in them (your puzzling).

I think this could be significant, but I have no idea how it all fits together.

rewand is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper rewand is an unknown quantity at this point

Also interesting to note that starting with "Dreamer..." the sentance goes 2 odd numbered words, 2 even numbered words, 2 odd numbered, 2 even. This patteren might be important for pulling other texts from the book.

jadyz is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper jadyz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default fun with anagrams

long time lurker, first time poster.....
    these don't make sense, but they are interesting

dreamer one on ending = no edged iron near men
    endeared one morning

i cause your puzzling = a puzzle is curing you
    a zulu coin guys prize
    i usurp a yogic nuzzle

teledingo is offline Needs to say Hello! teledingo is an unknown quantity at this point

all those repeating dandelions - don't they look like 3/4 moons to you? moon-like? neither half nor whole?

Alright...I think this is how the moonlike text is solved. "Moon like, moon like. Dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling." Taking the number of the letters in the words, you get dreamer=7, one=3, on=2, ending=6, I=1, cause=5, your=4, puzzling=8 ... 7,3,2,6,1,5,4,8. Now, taking the "moonlike", rearrange the letters in order of the number of the words. M would be in the 7th spot, O would be in the 3rd spot, etc. Doing this, you get the anagram that someone else came up with: Look in me. I believe that is what you are suppose to get from that whole phrase- LOOK IN ME

vincir is offline Needs to say Hello! vincir is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. Very cool that it does play out that way