+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dream Chapter

Cash Cow is offline Needs to say Hello! Cash Cow is an unknown quantity at this point

Default The Dream Chapter

I know some have noticed that "The Dream" chapter is not listed in the table of contents. And some have surmised this could be part of the one you did not see.

My idea: When Zac is dreaming, the knot holes sing to him.
    "Moon like, moon like. Dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling."
    After he woke up he, he knew where the jewlery was, no problem.

In the very beginning of the book, MS tells us that anyone can discover the exact location, just the way one of the characters did in the story.
    The only character in the story that did is Zac, and how did he do it? The only clue we have is his dream. And the line mentioned above seems to be the turning point.

So, if MS means we are to find it, AS HE DID then we must use the clue he did.
    Does anyone have any clue as to what this vital clue (IMHO) might mean?
    I have thought about a cryptogram , but no luck deciphering it. I tried an anagram, again no luck.
    That could be because of me however.

I am currently thinking it is a riddle, but not sold on any solution.
    It just seems such an odd statement and so non-sensical, it MUST mean something.

rosepetals220 is offline Junior Twelever Copper rosepetals220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Anagrams..

Anagrams of "Moon like, Moon like" :

I'm look NE
    Look ME, IN
    Look NE MI

Just a thought...

bamacynic is offline Needs to say Hello! bamacynic is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Anagrams..

Quote Originally Posted by rosepetals220
    Anagrams of "Moon like, Moon like" :

I'm look NE
    Look ME, IN
    Look NE MI

Just a thought...
    Equally so, "Look in me, look in me" works just as well... I second the importance of this "missing" chapter. Now /why/ is it important?

Cash Cow is offline Needs to say Hello! Cash Cow is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Dream Song

My gut tells me the whole quote must be together.
    My girlfriend and others have told me to focus on "Moon like, moon like." But I think it must be taken together with the second line in the song. I may be wrong.

hgr2 is offline Needs to say Hello! hgr2 is an unknown quantity at this point

"The Dream" may not be a chapter by itself in order to keep other chapters numbered a certain way. Not sure why that would be done.

smartkuz is offline Needs to say Hello! smartkuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Crescent CIty

Anyone think the moons, as crescents, are referring to the crescent city of New Orleans?

perdendosi is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper perdendosi is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Right!

I agree that this is of vital importance. Some hypothesize that this is only a clue for the (possible) crystal pook gem, but I have to believe that MS's repetitive notion that you do not need special skills just the ability to read brings me back to the poem.

Thoughts:
    (1) Don't forget everything else... there's the mist, there's the beam of light on Pook (which might be just foreshadowing of the story's end) the trees, the singing, and ANA's face floating above the trees, unreachable. There's the box, five to a side.

(2) Then we get the "riddle."

The words seem to make less than perfect sense as an entire song (plus, the "i cause your puzzling" line is rather redundant... we KNOW we're puzzled...) so that's good evidence that the words mean something else.

(3) If they're taken a "face value" you ask these questions:
    (a) what's moon like? Well, in our book the moon is often a crescent shape... so the letter C is moon like. So is a boomerrang. But considering a full moon... the letter O is moon like, so is a saucer, so is a wheel of cheese ... so is
    ANA in the dream (a face floating above the trees unreachable!)
    (The idea of something related to the MOON might be helpful, because when the moon is a "gibbous" moon, it's neither half but not whole)

(b) What's "dreamer one on ending"? Well, a dreamer is AWAKE when the dream has ended. A dreamer is in the REAL WORLD. A dreamer is ALIVE; A dreamer is is no longer an ideologue, perhaps the dreamer is REALISTIC. As relevant to the story, Zac (the dreamer) has been ENLIGHTENED (i.e. he sees the answer, and also begins to see the forest, not be so thick-headed). He's also KNOWLEDGEABLE, WISE, INSPIRED...

(c) I cause your puzzling. The treasure. The book. The riddle. (There are so many good anagrams lurking in here... Zac. Ana. etc).

Anyone willing to take this to the next level?

cabunk is offline Good Twelever Platinum cabunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe it's not Look in me but look in ME, as in Maine...

just another thought...

MYDUK is offline Junior Twelever Copper MYDUK is an unknown quantity at this point

i'LL HAFFTA SLEEP ON THAT
    think positive...test negative!
    quack! quack! quack!
    The "N" on The Corhuskers' helmets stands for
    nowledge!

mdredmond is offline Twelever Silver mdredmond is an unknown quantity at this point

I cause your puzzling.- the "obvious" answer to this would be Mr. Stadther but I am not sure how this would even fit...perhaps it isn't that obvious
    'To Puzzle' (as a verb) also means 'to solve with ingenuity or difficulty'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast