+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Look in Me ..Look in Me

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhh, wish I could, royal20, but as I say, my treehole on p. 16 is looking awfully scratched up right now. Poor book, I think I almost scratched the ink off entirely. Even if "ME" was once there, you ain't getting anything out of that bad boy now.

So, let's say that the green image is "ME," got any ideas what to do with it?

My theory of the day for p.16 is that the black hole is supposed to be our cue to do some optical illusion on this page -- like, duh, the one with the disappearing ladybug. Only problem is that I haven't been able to yield anything using the methods in the companion book. What other optical illusions employ staring at a black dot near the center of a page?

royal20 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper royal20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with you...I haven't been able to apply any of the companion book puzzles either. As far as M E, don't have a clue what it could mean. Maine? It's probably nothing because I wouldn't think MS would create a clue that would require scanning a picture. (My magnifying glass wasn't powerful enough to see it)

neocykey is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper neocykey is an unknown quantity at this point

has anybody else noticed that "dreamer one on ending" anagrams into "a demon on inner greed"?? helpful, no, but interesting nonetheless.

mackadoo is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver mackadoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by neocykey
    has anybody else noticed that "dreamer one on ending" anagrams into "a demon on inner greed"?? helpful, no, but interesting nonetheless.
    it also anagrams to "engineer a modern don"
    Calgon, take me away! To the jewels preferably!

_~BlAnK is offline Twelever Gold _~BlAnK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Weren't you wondering about that noise behind you?

Default Re: Look in Me ..Look in Me

Quote Originally Posted by gunwraith

AAAOUEEE TTGRRNNNNFLLYYMWD

Theres 25 letters!!!!!!!! THE 5x5 GRID!!!!!

Plug em in in order!!!
    Or am I just paranoid...

*Of course*

hippodude is offline Junior Twelever +1 Bronze hippodude is an unknown quantity at this point

What order does the string appear sequentially in the book?

charmlady is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper charmlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Look in Me ..Look in Me

Quote Originally Posted by gunwraith
    as hinted at by someone else but not expanded upon, i took the knotholes singing look in me as the pages of the book. I then turned every page and held up any picture of a tree with a knothole and recrded the letters that "bled" through while holding it up to a light.

of course i came up with MANY letters and it would be difficult to anagram it into only one location but i figured i'd release this to the hounds and see if someone smarter then I can figure it out or narrow which pages to discard.

the letters i found starting with vowels

the word dragonfly first jumped out at me and so did state abbrevs. such as NY, GA,FL,ND,MN,ME,MA, etc

perhaps people can see if their state abbrev is in these letters and then match a city and then possibly a street or park.

I truly believe that these puzzles are multi layered and require more bookwork then street work still.

Lets go back to square one and think of things from a "where in the book does this clue lead me " state of mind.

oooooohhhhhhh yeah it's coming together now!!!

I hope I am sending this quote from gunwraith correctly. Not sure if this is the order that he got the letters in, but when I plugged them into the 5X5 and then used the mushrooms on p. 100 (the pairs of dots being XY coordinates on the grid), that's how I got the cypher text (I guess you would call it) and using the Cryptogram helper, it came up with PINNOCHIO BUSTER. Now, if these letters he mentioned being in the knotholes are in a different order in the book, it may be a different solution, but it is too weird to come up with this, if not! Still, don't know where to go with it at this time, though! Maybe gunwraith (if he is reading this) can let us know what order they were located in the knotholes. Thanks!

kaodoo is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper kaodoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Where letters?

Can somone clarify which letters are found in which trees on which page (or at least a few examples)? I really want to see these for myself. Thanks!!!

mackadoo is offline Junior Twelever +1 Silver mackadoo is an unknown quantity at this point

are you looking in every knothole or just the tree art in the single boxes?
    Calgon, take me away! To the jewels preferably!

kaodoo is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper kaodoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I just have no idea where these letters are. It sounds like knotholes but I don't see anything...is it something else.

THanks cuz this is really bugging me. I just want to see a few and then I'm sure I can see others!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast