+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Look in Me ..Look in Me

gunwraith is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper gunwraith is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Look in Me ..Look in Me

as hinted at by someone else but not expanded upon, i took the knotholes singing look in me as the pages of the book. I then turned every page and held up any picture of a tree with a knothole and recrded the letters that "bled" through while holding it up to a light.

of course i came up with MANY letters and it would be difficult to anagram it into only one location but i figured i'd release this to the hounds and see if someone smarter then I can figure it out or narrow which pages to discard.

the letters i found starting with vowels

AAAOUEEE TTGRRNNNNFLLYYMWD

the word dragonfly first jumped out at me and so did state abbrevs. such as NY, GA,FL,ND,MN,ME,MA, etc

perhaps people can see if their state abbrev is in these letters and then match a city and then possibly a street or park.

I truly believe that these puzzles are multi layered and require more bookwork then street work still.

Lets go back to square one and think of things from a "where in the book does this clue lead me " state of mind.

oooooohhhhhhh yeah it's coming together now!!!
    i need the jewels

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Default More "Look in Me" Madness

While we're on the topic of looking at the pages too hard, convinced that there's something there, I thought I'd share this:

Early into the hunt, I became obsessed with looking inside the knotholes ... specifically, the knotholes in the book. The one on page 16 was driving me c-r-a-z-y. I was sure there was something hidden there. The faint green image in the black octagonal hole looked sort of like a death's head, or skull and crossbones, or a scarabaeus! Just like in the Edgar Allen Poe story "The Gold Bug"! I grew more and more excited by this idea, never mind that I hadn't the foggiest idea what to do with a scarabeus.

Frustrated but excited, I did the only thing I could think of next: I started digging at the hole with my fingernail. As you might expect, that didn't reveal anything. So I broke out a quarter and treated it like a one-dollar scratch-off lottery ticket. All that yielded was a rather scratched up looking treehole.

As with every other crackpot theory I've come up with, I felt deflated when this didn't pan out. Then I turned the page and, lo and behold, as if by magic, new letters had appeared. A backwards "da"! It seemed that applying pressure to the holes had pressed a hidden message through the page. I tried it on a few more holes throughout the book and, miraculously, it worked! "al," "d," "F, "i" More secret messages!

Of course, sequentially the letters didn't add up to anything, but I kept chugging along, convinced of my breakthrough. It was only after scratching the tenth or so black hole that my optimism began to fade. That was when I realized, tearfully, that the letters weren't appearing out of nowhere. I'd simply rubbed each page so vigorously that reverse side had made an imprint of the text on the opposite page. If I'd expanded the diameter of the treeholes, I could've made backwards imprints of whole paragraphs of the story!

So, all you noobies out there, if you feel yourself getting a little carried away with manipulating the book, just breath, take a sec, and repeat after me: daaldFi is not the answer. daaldFi is not the answer.

rosepetals220 is offline Junior Twelever Copper rosepetals220 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the same thing (holding them up to the light) but was only greeted with a massive migraine...

Scratching the book is ingenious, but I've made it this far without bending, tearing, ripping, or cutting (I even still have binding) - so why start now? I'll just take your word for it!

jason7178 is offline Needs to say Hello! jason7178 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: More "Look in Me" Madness

The DA is from the word dark. When you rubbed on the knotwhole, the ink rubbed off on the back of you page.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymonkey
    While we're on the topic of looking at the pages too hard, convinced that there's something there, I thought I'd share this:

Early into the hunt, I became obsessed with looking inside the knotholes ... specifically, the knotholes in the book. The one on page 16 was driving me c-r-a-z-y. I was sure there was something hidden there. The faint green image in the black octagonal hole looked sort of like a death's head, or skull and crossbones, or a scarabaeus! Just like in the Edgar Allen Poe story "The Gold Bug"! I grew more and more excited by this idea, never mind that I hadn't the foggiest idea what to do with a scarabeus.

Frustrated but excited, I did the only thing I could think of next: I started digging at the hole with my fingernail. As you might expect, that didn't reveal anything. So I broke out a quarter and treated it like a one-dollar scratch-off lottery ticket. All that yielded was a rather scratched up looking treehole.

As with every other crackpot theory I've come up with, I felt deflated when this didn't pan out. Then I turned the page and, lo and behold, as if by magic, new letters had appeared. A backwards "da"! It seemed that applying pressure to the holes had pressed a hidden message through the page. I tried it on a few more holes throughout the book and, miraculously, it worked! "al," "d," "F, "i" More secret messages!

Of course, sequentially the letters didn't add up to anything, but I kept chugging along, convinced of my breakthrough. It was only after scratching the tenth or so black hole that my optimism began to fade. That was when I realized, tearfully, that the letters weren't appearing out of nowhere. I'd simply rubbed each page so vigorously that reverse side had made an imprint of the text on the opposite page. If I'd expanded the diameter of the treeholes, I could've made backwards imprints of whole paragraphs of the story!

So, all you noobies out there, if you feel yourself getting a little carried away with manipulating the book, just breath, take a sec, and repeat after me: daaldFi is not the answer. daaldFi is not the answer.

nashangel is offline Junior Twelever Bronze nashangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: More "Look in Me" Madness

Laughing so hard right now, Turkey! But wait....I've got it! Maybe we are supposed to ANAGRAM daaldFi!!! After all, the "F" is capitalized, signifying the beginning of a word....so perhaps it is "Fadilad"!! And did you consider pressing your nose to the parts of the book that you scratched off? Maybe they are like a scratch-n-sniff sticker...whichever knothole smells like a "stinky doth" is the key to the Pook token!!!

turkeymonkey is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Silver
    turkeymonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, nashangel, I'd abandoned this whole line of investigation, but your theory is so darn compelling I'm starting to wonder. OK, lemme check ...

*sniffing*

What is that? Definately smells like something.

*attacking book with flaring nostrils and bloodhound-like focus*

Wait! Wait! It DOES smell like stinky doth! Omygod, omygod, omygod. What could this mean?

Oh, shoot, nevermind. That smell is from when I held the book up to the gas stove and browned one of the pages, trying to find what I thought was heat-activated ink. Or, come to think of it, maybe the smell is from that amonia spray I used. Ahh, I can't remember.

(Still, the resemblance to stinky doth is uncanny!)

rallyemore is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper rallyemore is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody thought about cutting the binding off the book to look in there for clues? That would make sense, because then he would sell more books... I am about to buy another one just to mutilate...

Cat957 is offline Twelever TwelevePlus
    Gold
    Cat957 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!!! NO, I wouldn't recommend deliberately tearing up your book to look for clues!!!

But then, I just ordered another one because my paperback is looking so ratty that I'm ashamed to show it to anyone...

Thank goodness for a little birthday money, eh???
    "It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see." (Henry David Thoreau)

Frstprzfa is offline Junior Twelever +1 TwelevePlus
    Bronze
    Frstprzfa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm, nashangel, I'd abandoned this whole line of investigation, but your theory is so darn compelling I'm starting to wonder. OK, lemme check ...

*sniffing*

What is that? Definately smells like something.

*attacking book with flaring nostrils and bloodhound-like focus*

Wait! Wait! It DOES smell like stinky doth! Omygod, omygod, omygod. What could this mean?

Oh, shoot, nevermind. That smell is from when I held the book up to the gas stove and browned one of the pages, trying to find what I thought was heat-activated ink. Or, come to think of it, maybe the smell is from that amonia spray I used. Ahh, I can't remember.

(Still, the resemblance to stinky doth is uncanny!)
    ROFLMAO...... You guys just crack me up.... The only thing that keeps me in this game is the Humor behind it... Thanks guys, I needed that... Denise
    "You cannot depend on your eyes
    when your imagination is out of focus."
    Mark Twain

royal20 is offline Getting the hang of it. Copper royal20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey TurkeyMonkey,

Have you tried scanning the picture and zooming in? (I posted this in another area and everyone thought I was crazy) When I zoom in on the knothole I can clearly see an M E written in a calligraphy font.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast